Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Why is it only Wednesday?

Well, last night Cliff and I made our nachos. But a much smaller portion, we saved calories for our splurge/dinner. We used way less cheese, lower fat sour cream and made our own salsa. We also had homemade guac. We even had a small glass of Coke. It was really good, but was it worth it? I am not sure. I felt guilt the whole time eating it lol. But today I am glad we did that. We have been on program so nicely. And, today we are right back at it.

It was a rough day today. I would have liked to sit down in front of the TV and pig on something. But tonight, after a really rough evening (I mean really rough) I finally finished feeding our baby and I got myself onto the treadmill at almost 10 pm for 46 minutes. I got off and did some free hand weights. I just finished. Yes, a very late night.

What got me onto the treadmill? My final goal. I cannot stop thinking about my goal! I cannot take my eyes off of the prize. I really want to make my mini goal next week. I want to go for a facial for the first time. I need some pampering REALLY bad.

I feel much better right now, but I must get showered and into bed. Everybody else in the family is sleeping right at this moment. Morning comes early that is for sure.

6 comments:

LauraC said...

Good for you for getting on that treadmill! Your determination is inspiring. After an illness myself and then the boys being sick, I got on the elliptical machine for 60min at the gym this morning. Thanks for being such an inspiration.

LauraC said...

I just saw that one of your goals is to go to the Oprah show?? Let me know if you do and I will meet you in Chicago! I have to go there for work anyway and I get to pick when I go.

I already went to the Oprah show twice... once for fun and once when Jon's mom and sister were guests!!!

cathy said...

Laura! I would LOVE to go to the Oprah show! That has always been a dream of mine to go to the Windy City and shop in that one block!

How cool that you have been two times! What was the topic when your MIL and SIL's were on?! So cool!!

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Good for you Cathy!

You're one of the reasons I keep going on this journey - you are truly an inspiration to me. With all you have in a day, you still find time to look after yourself and give the rest of us the motivation and support that we need.

LauraC said...

Well then it is decided Cathy, we will meet up in Chicago! I will take you shopping on Magnificent Mile and buy a fruity girly drink on the 95th floor of the Hancock Building... best view in Chicago.

My MIL and SIL were on a show about mother-daughter relationships. They were the "ideal" mother-daughter relationship. I learned a lot about behind-the-scenes Oprah show then.

Jillian Kirby said...

Have you tried Coke zero?? No calories!!!!! And it tastes BETTER than regular coke, in my opinion! Just a suggestion! :)

It feels like you're cheating, but other than the fact that it may replace some of the water you would have drank, it's not cheating at all!!

And don't feel guilty for splurging once in awhile... I'm telling you, if you don't, this won't last!! About 5 years ago, I lost 50 pounds in the span of about 8 months. I was soooo strict and told myself it was a lifestyle, not a diet... I didn't stick to it cause it was reality... Know what I mean? You have to allow yourself the fun in life... just be sure to make it up for it with an extra bit of walking or something.

You're doing great! I am so impressed... truly!