Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Day 1 - January 2nd 2008

This morning I had the alarm go off at 4:30 am. I awoke Courtney to breastfeed her. Then, at just after 5 am I got my gear on and got moving. I did 1 hour on the treadmill, and some basic stretching and a few exercises until about 6:30 am. Showered and got my day going. It is 9:19 am and I am tired. I went to bed at about 1 am last night. Tonight, I am trying my hardest to get to bed at 10:30 pm at the latest. I am a night owl, so the transition to get to bed early will be hard for me. But I NEED to do this for my own health and sanity.

4 comments:

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Way to go Cathy!!! That's awesome.

What kind of treadmill do you have? Is it the programmable kind?

I'm finding I might want a new (used) one that has programs because I'm walking staring at a wall LOL

cathy said...

Pam, our treadmill is about the same age as Claire. So, almost 7 years old. It has programs...but still boring. I stare at the garage wall. I am going to post my Health and Weight loss affirmations up so I can read those over and over!!

Oh, the power of positive thinking!!

heather said...

Cathy,
How far postpartum where you when you started your fitness program? I am ready to have my body back but can't imagine getting up so early to exercise after taking care of newborn feeds through the night and knowing that I have to be a loving and kind mom during the day. But, I really want to figure out how to prioritize myself and make it work. Also, I would love to read some posts with tips on managing a large family!
Thanks!
Heather Larsen

cathy said...

Hi Heather! Thank you for your comment.

I started back pretty much right after I had her. Just walking to and from school. At 6 weeks postpartum is when I ramped up my exercise. I felt ready to do so! I had to schedule it in that is for sure. Like a dental appointment. That is the only way to do it esp. with a large family. The kids know when my runners are on, I am going to 'get healthy!' The benefits to this is that the whole family wants to be a part of this too! I love that!

I wish you all the best!