Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Middle of the Week

Well, yesterday I was so dang tired I didn't exercise. Tuesdays are my day off to watch the Biggest Loser. So I did that. I feel run down and perhaps on the verge of a cold. So I rested. So far today, I feel pretty good. So back to the treadmill tonight around 9 pm for an hour. Two days of nothing makes me feel agitated. Yesterday I felt I fed Courtney a lot.

I am not doing well with getting into bed early either. We TRY very hard every night, but the nights are filled with lunches, snacks, feedings for Courtney, forms, recording reading, stuff for the mail bags. I couldn't even imagine trying to do that all in the morning. It is chaotic enough in the morning! We seem to get into bed around 12 am without fail. And then our 6 am wake up call comes early. Plus a couple of feeds for Coco in the middle of the night. And this has been going now for 8+ weeks. It is taking its toll that is for sure. Cliff and I both feel that.

Well, thankfully for exercise I have been doing my walks to and fro school with Courtney in the Baby Bjorn, and the two in the stroller. Plus I wear Coco after that around the house to get my laundry done etc. So, at least I get a bit of exercise in there!

The eating portion has gone very well. I am confident the weight will keep creeping off very slowly. But that is OK. It is healthy that way.

5 comments:

PamnPat'sParadise said...

The healthy eating is definitely going to help and the extra weight while doing housework helps as well.

The change in bedtimes will come eventually. As Courtney gets older she'll sleep more through the night (or can you top her up somehow just before you go to bed to help her sleep through).

It's only been a couple of weeks so we're all still trying to find the right system that will work for us...Keep up the great work Cathy and I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

Will be thinking of you while I'm walking tonight - Supermodel!!!

Jillian Kirby said...

Keep plugging away cathy but like i said today... be sure to cut yourself a break here and there or you'll never stick to it! If you're tired, skip a day, go to bed! You can get back on that treadmill tomorrow. I'll happen! I know it!
Sounds like you're on your way... you're definitely in the right mind frame. See ya Saturday!
J

Yvonne said...

You are doing great Cathy ... remember that! It is not an easy task at the best of times to make a complete change in diet and exercise plus you are dealing with a new little. Be proud you are doing well and remember in time it will come .... I'm still cheering for you!!

Alyson said...

you are doing great. you are going to have good days and bad...I am proud of you and I'm cheering you on all the way!!

cathy said...

Thank you my friends for all of your support and cheering me on! Seriously!! You guys rock!! xo