Friday, January 4, 2008

Jan 4

Well, last night I went for a power walk with Cliff for about 40 minutes. We came home and stretched and had dessert...an apple cinnamon saute. And some green tea (decaf). I went to bed with Courtney around 11...a bit later than I wanted but hey. That is life.

She was fussy, I think because I am not eating enough. So, I will definately eat a bit more today. I already walked for an hour on the treadmill from 5:15 am - 6:15 am and did some upper body weights. I feel great so far. I ate an extra banana, and I am going to eat a hard boiled egg when I can this morning (and I have already had my Kashi cereal, skim milk and raspberries!! and it is delish! The kids even eat it!)

Tonight, I will have 'eating challenges' and tomorrow. We have company coming, and Cliff still has to run, and we have to prepare a healthy meal...we can do it. And, tomorrow I am going to a tupperwear party and have to watch what I eat there too. But eating challenges are going to be for life. This plan I am undertaking is FOR LIFE! So, I do what I need to do. And, I am going to DO it WELL! Because when I am motivated, I will get it done! I am feeling really good about my mental self, but not the physical. That will come, and I keep my eye on the prize!!

My mom sent me some info via email last night, and here is what it said:

Say, I was looking at an old US Weekly today and they had from 2003 Bachelorette, Ryan and Trista. Anyway she had a baby in July and she is wanting to lose weight for Christmas, wonder if she made it! Anyhoo, they wrote about her breastfeeding and it said, just not safe to cut calories so if on a diet the following was recommended.

This was in a box in very fine print with an * beside it:
Doctors recommend adding 300 calories a day when breast-feeding, say nutritionist Carrie Wiatt. "the best way to do this is up the protein in your menu. To a 1, 200 calorie-a-day diet, add 2 ounces of protein (200 calories) and a glass of milk (100 calories), or an extra snack like 12 almonds (125 calories.)"

I know you said you were still hungry last night, and yes, if you are cutting back and exercising you will be, but we want to be sure your body is getting enough of everything to pass onto Miss Courtney. It's always Miss Courtney.

Love you Mom and thanks for your support! xo

No comments: