Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday Morning - 9 weeks postpartum today

Last night I went on the treadmill for 45 minutes really late at night. Cliff went first, I went on after him after feeding Courtney. I wanted to get on there, so it was almost 10 at night when I got on! But, seriously it felt great, and I cannot wait until tonight!! I find I feel better and I stand taller with a better posture after walking. I miss my tall posture. Before kids I would stand tall and people always commented on my straight posture. Now I slouch thanks to all of the feedings on the couch. I am working on that! Working very hard to get that back!

Well, another weigh in is coming up on Tuesday. I think this week will be more successful than last. I think for the weigh in, I will be at my pre-pregnancy weight or maybe just above. But I will certainly hit my smaller milestone so that is great! Then, next to jump under 200 pounds. It is so close!!

I am finding my underwear falls down when I walk briskly to and from school lol. And my pants and tops are getting loose. I will soon be able to give those away and probably in a week I will be into some older clothes that are hanging in my closet. That will be exciting. I should take a photo to mark this event.

We are getting into the groove of our new healthy lifestyle. Last week we kind of were in a funk of sorts. Almost mourning our 'old way' of eating and lifestyle. Almost depressing kind of, but not that bad. But I am over it, and totally committed 100% to our plan. It is working. I think Cliff will be down 5 or more this week. He is losing his face, and is becoming smaller. And he is in his smaller pants and wearing a belt. He is pleased with himself! I am proud of him.

I have been enjoying my new ways, and I feel so much better and lighter both physically and emotionally. Eating has just got to be for nourishing our bodies and keeping us healthy. Not just for eating, for eatings sake. That concept is really difficult some days. But, I have been allowing myself to eat what I want when I want but smaller portions and of course increasing my fruit and veggie intake. Tonight for instance instead of nachos late at night, we will both get on the treadmill and then maybe have a treat like a 100 calorie pack or a 100 calorie chocolate bar with a tea...usually a green tea. It is very satisfying too! But a big change. But a necessary change.

Change is good! It is opening up doors and windows to me that I never thought possible.

2 comments:

Allyson said...

Way to go Cathy and Cliff. I am so proud of both of you. It would be very easy in your very busy lives to just let it slide-but you're not. Kudos and Roses and Green Tea salutes to you both. xxx

Jillian Kirby said...

Oh you guys are just awesome! I soooo wish I could get into that frame of mind... I find that I'm struggling big time these days.

Keep it up you two! You guys are totally kicking butt! Can't wait to see your weigh ins... bet they'll be awesome!
J