Thursday, January 3, 2008

Jan 3rd

Yummy salad with watermelon and feta for lunch!


Well, last night I was so tired that I was in bed by 10:15, then Courtney was up at 1 am for a feed. The alarm was on for 4:09 am. I wanted Courtney to wake up and eat, but she didn't want to wake up on my schedule lol. So, I set the alarm again for 5 and she ate at that time. Then, there was not enough to get my workout in. So that kind of sucked. I think I have my period of all things. So, that really sucks.

Anyways. I got up and got ready and walked the kids to their day program today with all six of the kids. Although a slow walk. I still walked for a good 45 mins I would say. Tonight I am going to walk at a faster pace when Cliff gets home from work.

Yesterday I was so hungry. I need to eat more I think. So I am going to add some fruits and maybe some more grain to my plan. I am also going to try to email YOU: On a Diet and ask about nursing moms. I am sure there are others like myself that would like that question answered.

The meals we have been eating are REALLY good! We feel less bloated, and the kids are helping us make our dinners at night! It has been really good for us all. The kids still get their 'treats' and they are good little eaters.

6 comments:

LauraC said...

Cathy I am very inspired! Jon and I are on a weight loss "regime" together too and are watching Biggest Loser couples.

AmberW said...

Cathy I TOO am making a life change. No more pepsi, no bread, no white pasta etc, and today I made the most AMAZING salad at lunch. I am not sure if you like these ingredients but this is what I threw together:

Cut up 2 tomatoes
Cut up 1/3 cup of white onion into tiny pieces
Half a cucumber cut into small pieces
Can of organic corn
Can of black beans, rinsed

Then for the dressing:
Half of an avacado
Juice of just over half a lime (lol)
2 or so TBSP of Rice Vinegar
Sweeten to taste with sugar
1 TBSP of dijon mustard
2 TBSP Olive oil

Blend it in the food processor - mix it all in with the salad. SO STINKIN' GOOD!! I added a bit of coriander and cumin too.. SO GOOD!!!! lol

You're going to do great Cathy!!

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Yeah I think breastfeeding mom's need more of certain things because of the nutrients and vitamins etc.

Good for you. Any exercise is good. I walked in the rain to the hospital and back at lunch which adds to my time too.

Only the 2nd day in. It will get easier as we go and adjust the schedules.

cathy said...

Thanks everybody for your support!!

Laura: We are both very inspired by BL too! Good luck with your regime!

Amber: That sounds so yummy! And, I like the ingredients!!

Pam: Yes, it will get easier as we get into our program!!

cathy said...

PS Amber! Good for you! I am rooting for you! You are making great changes!

Kerry said...

Ooo! I love watermelon and feta... *craving*

:)