Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuesday evening update

I have decided today, that I am going to defer my surgery. I tried to call the office all day, and could not get through. I will try again tomorrow. I will remain on the waitlist though and keep deferring until I am ready. My doc agrees with the surgeon and I am OK with that. I don't think I could just not say anything or lie. It just doesn't sit right with me. Although I contemplated it for a moment.

I will see how I feel next time the office calls me. If it is 3 months, probably no surgery for awhile. It is not the right timing right now. The right time will come. I want to continue on with my weightloss goals! I am just going to stick with it.

I cannot believe I am 199.2 right now! I am so happy with that. I lost 19 almost 20 pounds in 4 weeks. If I keep losing like I have, I could possibly lose 38/40 more pounds by April 1st (end of Goo-Be-Gone) That would be an amazing start. That would be 60 pounds gone from January 1st.

Tonight we had a splurge, and it was delish. Once a week is plenty! We are back to the grindstone tomorrow. We were going to go get a weight set/machine off of Craigslist, but they gave it to their neighbours instead. boo. So, if you know of anybody who wants to give one away for cheap, please let us know. We are bummed out lol. We were excited to do some weight to boost our muscle mass. Darn it.

Thanks for all of the support these days! You don't know how awesome that is! It truly makes me accountable to myself when others like yourselves are checking in on me all the time! Don't stop OK!

I am excited for when my Sis and T get back from their South American travels. They left 2nd week into our Challenge, and come back at the end of February. I know they will be surprised with our changes!! I keep imagining how great that will feel!
I really miss them. It will be good to have them back. But they are having amazing adventures like sleeping in the Amazon, and seeing really cool things. Thank goodness for their updates.

5 comments:

Allyson said...

Hi Love, thata' girl, keep your eye on the prize! The earlier surgery date was an unexpected one, and of course you'd be tempted. That said, hang in there, your legs will start feeling better (to a degree of course) just by what all you are doing. I am so proud of you. And you are right, Amy and Tyler will be very happy for you (both) when they see you at the end of February. Love you babes, keep on, going on. And I love the music!
xxxxxxxoooooooo Motor

***********Dawn*********** said...

Cathy,

I think you made the right decision. You are on such a great level right now with your exercise program and your weight loss. You will feel so much better mentally as well as physically in the fall. Keep up the good work!

Hugs,
Dawn

P.S. You SOOO deserve the facial...enjoy it!!

LauraC said...

It sounds like you are at peace with this decision. Surgery can happen any time but breastfeeding your last baby will only happen once!

My new treadmill showed up today! Thank you for the inspiration. Reading your blog made me realize the hardest part of exercising is getting to the gym, so the gym has come to me.

Time for me to get on the treadmill now!!

Meagan said...

I was just thinking back and I'm sure you said you were using sparkpeople.com. If you're wanting to do strength training I'm almost positive they have sample exercises that don't require any equipment, or you could try something inexpensive like resistance bands.

Keep up the good work and you'll be at your goal weight and feeling amazing before you know it!

Kerry said...

Good for going with your gut Cathy! The right time will come and you'll know it.