Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday

Well, Courtney would not allow me to get on the treadmill this am. So, I will be going on the treadmill while Cliff does dinner for the kids. (I will eat after I work out!)


Yesterday I managed to get my strength training program done in the morning and 15 minutes of my Hip Hop Abs! (Thanks sister Amy!) Then, Courtney wanted to eat. So, that didn't happen.

For today I did well. I managed to do 60 mins on the treadmill before dinner (10 which were running and it felt good to be BACK!) And I got my good old skipping ropes out. And I skipped 'slow' until I counted to 100, and then 'fast' until my feet caught the rope which was 10. I will up the 'fast' on the days I decide I want to skip. Then I did a nice stretch outside. Ahhhh...good times. I must update my tunes on the Ipod. I am bored already...need new tunes. Any suggestions? play list ideas please let me know in the comments.

Dinner tonight we created a salad lol. (and lunch for tomorrow) We used 2 cans of tuna, black beans, tomatoes, purple onion and balsamic vinegar. It was really good! I also had a pink grapefruit and it tasted like pure candy. It was delicious. But be not fooled. I saw a commercial for a Blizzard and had I lived next door to DQ I think I would have gone for one lol. But thankfully there is no ice cream in sight or on site.

Well, there is still more to be done and I want to have a tea with my hubby whom I never see anymore because of our workouts. We are like strangers who pass by in the night. Well maybe good friends. Sad, sad sad.

The great thing about this plan it is like a lightbulb has gone off and I am getting it. I am just getting it. This is the way to live. It is working and that is so much motivation to keep me going. I still look in the mirror and see no difference but the MENTAL is all there. And that is all I need.

I am a mere 6 pounds from my pre preggo weight and will probably be there next week which is THRILLING because Courtney is 8 weeks tomorrow. I don't think the baby weight has EVER come off this fast. But I have never worked so hard so early on. This is a majorly exciting thought!! I think with any luck my rings will fit soon. I miss my wedding bands. I will try them on in 6 pounds.

And when I get to my pre preggo weight, I am then only 5 pounds from the number under 200. 199! Oh how exciting. With every pound lost I feel so excited and this time I know will be life changing! Change in 2008! It is so good already!!

4 comments:

***********Dawn*********** said...

Cathy,

I am so impressed with your committment to your weightloss! I feel you beaming through your words. A BIG high five for getting down to your pre-baby weight so fast! I know you always said that you had trouble loosing weight while breastfeeding, so kudos to you!!

As for music, AC/DC songs are always a HUGE motivator for me on the treadmill. I used to listen to the Back in Black CD ALL the time at the gym.

Hugs,
Dawn

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Keep up the great work Cathy and you will be at that 200 line soon. I'm trying to play catch up here and meet you there next week if I'm lucky enough to knock some off with the hour walks I'm doing. That's my first goal too!

I am needing to update as well so I was thinking of working on a new list too.

A couple of songs that I have currently on mine are

Rianna - Umbrella, and Shut up and Drive

Rascal Flatts - Life is a Highway, God Bless the Broken Road

Bryan Adams - Summer of 69

Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry

I think I also have some Evanescence, Bon Jovi, U2 on there as well.

We should really start a big list of great songs to work out too.

Jillian Kirby said...

Oh wow Cathy! It sounds like you are just doing great!! I wish I had your motivation!
Good for you!!

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Shape Magazine has some playlists - here are some of the songs they list.

Friday I'm in love - The Cure

Every Little Thing she does is Magic - The Police

Tilt Ya Head Back - Nelly & Christina Aguilera

Headlights on Dark Roads - Snow Patrol

Live it Up - Sheryl Crow

Where the Streets Have no Name - U2

Suicide Blond - INXS

Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen

I like the Way ou Move - Backstage

Forever Young - Rod Stewart

Hope those give you some more to help keep ya going