Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday Weigh In - Week 21

Here is another week gone by. Really quickly too. We decided to have our splurge night on Sunday evening, after my 18 km run. We had nachos, tea and some dark chocolate. So, my weight today is a bit off. I was expecting almost a 4 pound loss, and it turned out to be less than one pound. Due to my splurge. Goes to show you what eating at night EVEN with exercise and lack of sleep does. Hardly any weightloss. I am only one measly point from the 'healthy' weight range for my BMI. A point. Grrhhhh. Tomorrow I am sure I will be under that. Darn splurge...

I was down to 154.6 this morning. I am OK with that. I am toning up that is for sure, because when I was running on Sunday my fuel belt fell down around my ankles because the belt is too large. Last week I could still use it (still too big) and this week cannot use it anymore. Cliff will take my current one, and I will get a new one I have been eyeing in the store. And a new running skirt is in my future. Too hot to run in black capri running tights (and they are too big for me now.)

I have to say I have been laughing how people address me these days...like SCRAWNY, SKINNY, HEY you are wasting away, What are you doing? Hot Momma! (yelled out to me with a thumbs up on my walk to school and back yesterday morning.) I have to think about those comments and accept them and realize that the person on the outside is different. I am just the same me, but different in a better way. I have to allow my view of myself to catch up with what others see. I still see me as the big preggo, extra weight, nursing mom. I find myself asking my husband Cliff who I 'compare' to as in size etc. I don't know where I fit in that way.

I don't seem to be losing the balance of the weight I would like to lose. It has taken me about 3 weeks to lose four pounds. I am not sure. Also, I am breastfeeding still and maybe my body is just holding onto my reserve fat stores for this. I am not sure. I was hoping to be under and into the 140's by today. As I said before, I was close but splurged after my long run and here I am.

Kind of frustrating because I am not slacking, I am eating like I was two months ago. I am exercising even more and still it is here. I am still stuck in the 150's. I will work really hard this week and see if I can get under. I need to see that at least. If not, maybe this is where I hold for awhile. Until I stop feeding etc. I will see.

I have to still remain positive because I have taken off 83.4 pounds since November 16th. I tried on my 'before' bathing suit for Cliff and it is hanging off of my body (two piece tankini style) and I still haven't taken my inches measurements for some time. If I do not lose more by next week I will measure and post that for further motivation. I have no idea how many inches I have taken off my hips since January 1st! It will be exciting to find out that is for sure.

Tomorrow I am back to a straight run with my running group. Cannot wait to get active again!

5 comments:

Alyson said...

crazy!!! I can't believe how far you are running!! you are inspirational my dear. Are you still running 10:1 ??

By the way....don't get frustrated. the last 10-20 pounds will come off much much slower than the rest as your body finds its balance, and holds on to what it needs.
Also, if you want to give your body a jolt, do a couple of fast 20 min runs...if you always to long slow, your body will hold onto its 'storage' for energy supplies.

cathy said...

I am doing 10:1's on the long Sunday runs. And I have been doing straight runs for the shorter distances like 8/5/6 etc. That is a challenge I must say.

How long is it going to take for me to chip these last 19 pounds do you figure? It is frustrating, and I am trying to deal with that feeling.

Maybe it will come off when I stop breastfeeding?

What is your take on that Alyson?

Anonymous said...

This is seriusly the GREATEST site for weight loss inspiration! You should write a book! I know it would be a best-seller. You inspire many! You are just amazing!

Yvonne said...

You've hit that dumb plateau!! The last pounds are the hardest in theory! You need a new jolt to your body .... but what I don't know!

Breastfeeding will hold on some weight just think maybe you have 20 pounds of milk!!!! ;)

Cathy look back ... YOU have done great and staying here for a bit isn't a bad thing! We believe in you! GO Cathy Go!!!

cathy said...

Thank you to all who continue to support me in my weightloss/postpartum journey.

I really appreciate it, especially after my night. Thank you all.