Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday and fine...

Well, life is back to normal around here. Cliff and I are back to normal. We were highly stressed and we took it out on each other, and those around us. But we are sorry for that. And we are back. Our differences worked out. Problems figured out.

What helped? A night out last night with an old girlfriend with the same name as me. Our lives couldn't be more different now...she is a doctor, and me a stay at home mom. But the commonalities were still there and we had nice glass of wine, a yummy salad. And LOTS of laughs and catching up. It was a lovely evening. When I got home Cliff and I were able to get out for a coffee together, and a treat. We were given a yummy choco/banana loaf (reduced fat) each for free by our regular place. So we had a mini date. It was good. We needed that, I need that. He needed that.

So here it is Friday, and I probably will head out for a run tonight. Most likely with my friend Lisa (the one with six kids and the SAME family LOL) so that will be good. Cliff will probably go out after us.

I have decided to wait on my half marathon on June 22nd. I know I can do the distance as I am a mere 3.1 km's away from my goal, but the timing is just not right. For me it is, but for the family it is not. I am still considering that mini tri. My son wants to do the kids version of it. So, that might be a go. BUT we need to wait and see how the family is (FIL) it is too hard to make plans like I have said before.

But I am happy to report that I have not given up. I had a moment of dispair and weakness when I said I was done. Well I am not done. Because yesterday I did kilometre club at school with two of our kids. We did nine laps around the field and it felt great. I cannot give up, because I, Cathy...I am not a quitter. I am dedicated to reaching my goals! And I am going to get there. Even if I am plateauing, or I don't get there as fast as I want. I will do what I need to do.

So, yes. I am back and I am feeling better than ever. This weekend I am going to get my new fuel belt, running skirt and possibly some size six jeans, and some extra small tops from American Eagle. If I can be a size six there, I am buying from them LOL. Remember around our anniversary (May 9th) I was able to fit into my little sister Amy's jeans...they were a six. So, off I will go to see if I can fit into them and find a pair for myself. My current size 9's are loose, and my tops well, they are loose too. I would have never ever thought that a size small would be too big LOL. Never!!

So, I know even if the scale is creeping slowly down, the inches are really coming off. I took a tape measure to my waist yesterday morning and it was around 28inches...and on January 1st of this year my waist was 42 inches. So, that is 14 INCHES off of my waist. That is just my waist. I am truly amazed at how far I have come...I am proud of myself. I measured my hips too, but I will save that number until my goal. Let me just say I was shocked...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the weight loss...just so you're not disappointed when shopping at ae...extra small at american eagle is a size 0-2...my 13 year old wears them...you might find a medium will work better. it is a size 6-8...in their jeans don't be discouraged if one style doesn't fit in a certain size...i've noticed that a size 6 hipsters style is roomier than a size 6 artist style. Keep up the good work :)

cathy said...

Thank you anonymous for your tips! and help.

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

Wow - congrats on your weightloss and waist loss! Tremendous!

Sorry to hear the 1/2 marathon won't work - but it is better to find a time/race that works than squeezing one in.

Amy
www.runnerslounge.com
blog.runnerslounge.com

cathy said...

Hello Amy! Thank you for stopping by!

Thank you for your compliments too.

I will be doing my first official half marathon on October 12th. But un-officially in three weeks with my friend whom I run with! Cannot wait!

Cathy