Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tuesday Weigh In - Week 18 (I am now over 80 pounds LOST!)

This morning I weighed in at 157.6. That means I am down 1.6 pounds. No suprise that I haven't lost all that much. It is what you put into your body(food) and what you put out (exercise) and I think when I am breastfeeding still my body just wants to HANG ON TO EXTRA weight. So, but exercising only once this week (well I walked a lot back and forth to school) my body says forget it. And I hardly lose anything. Simple and true. My eating is always good. I need the exercise to lose any more.

It has been a slower week, but after 18 weeks heading into my 19th week I think that is OK. I have been at this for like almost 'half a pregnancy' and the experts say 9 months on, and 9 months off. So, there I go. The good news is it looks like my tummy skin is getting a bit more firm. So, for that reason GOOD!

I am thinking the triathlon will be a no go, just because of my FIL, and the upredictability of his cancer. One day is good, and whammo the next day is bad. I cannot train the way I want to these days. I just miss the days when Cliff and I could go exercise together. We don't get an opportunity to do that anymore. Cliff didn't exercise this week at all. And, his weight is creeping back up. I don't want that to happen. I still have more work to do. So...

I am however going to sign up for the half marathon clinic that starts mid June. The race will be in October. We may have to do the Kelowna half, as it is closer and cheaper when we have to bring six kids to that. But, I will do this as it has been my goal for so many years. I want to cross SOMETHING off of my list this year.

On Friday, Cliff and I will be married for ten years. One decade. Just like that! Like a blink of an eye. Not really a time for celebrating these days, but thankful to my sis Amy, Tyler for coming out here on the weekend to give us a 'night off.' We are so appreciative of this kind gesture. It is not often that we get out without the six kids. So thanks for that. And hey, Sunday is Mothers Day. I will go running in the morning :D

2 comments:

LauraC said...

Well I'm sad you will not do your triathalon this year but you will do it. You will always have time for exercising but you will not always have for your FIL.

Cathy you are so inspirational. Usually people only see success stories like this on Biggest Loser, but those people have nothing else to do. You have 6 kids and a husband and alife and still you get out there. You should be so proud.

cathy said...

I still may do it Laura, but I will have to play this part by ear. Totally, and I have to give Cliff time to be with him too! I just get that bad guilty feeling you know!

Thank you so much Laura! I am feeling very proud of myself. I am feeling so marvelous despite all that is going on around us. I cannot imagine what my goal weight will feel like. 22.6 pounds to go!

Thank you for always coming here and cheering me on Laura! I totally want to go for a run with you!!

Cathy