Tuesday, May 6, 2008

22.6 pounds to go?

So how come these last 22.6 seem so hard reach? I have lost over EIGHTY pounds...EIGHTY pounds! I find this so incredibly crazy! I am like somebody on the Biggest Loser!

I 'could' go crazy and lose the last pounds very quickly, but I think I will take it slow. I have 8 weeks left until I want to reach 135 pounds on July 1st, 2008. That is about 2-3 pounds a week for the next 8 weeks. Sounds so easy! But really I am so close, that I could almost 'give up' but I will not. What am I afraid of? Why am I stumped at this point? Why don't I want to move ahead? Why the block? What gives?

I guess because I haven't been getting my exercise in, I start feeling down. I need the exercise to keep moving ahead. I need to keep that balance of food to exercise. Keeps me sane in my crazy world!

By next week I should be under 20 pounds to go...if I lose 3 three pounds this week. I know I can do it. I could probably do better! So, I think I will have to get up at the crack of dawn and run! Run like the wind or power walk and use my hand weights every morning, or back to 5-6 times a week. That should do it for me. The question is, do I have it in me right now?? Am I going to step up to the plate and DO IT??!?!?!?

I have only have 8 pounds until I get into the 140's now. And, another date to record at the 150 mark on my sidebar for progress. I haven't been this close to 150 since I first went on WW back in college. That was in 1990. And then, after I had Claire I think I remember being 154 pounds for a bit (until I became pregnant with Carly) so...I am doing it!

Giving up seems so much easier right now! But, seriously I would be really stupid to quit right now! After 22.6 more pounds I will be at OVER ONE HUNDRED POUNDS LOST!!!! Wow. Now that is incredible!

I would never have imagined how good this weight loss felt back in November after Courtney was born! I cannot fathom what the next eight weeks will bring to me?!

Now, I should really consider what my reward/rewards will be when I get there! I know the obvious are happiness and good health...but I need to do something AWESOME!

OK...I will start thinking about that on the treadmill in the morning!! Tonight though, I get a splurge of nachos of course!

2 comments:

st said...

Cathy-
I have no doubt that you will reach your goal! You are so right about exercise, we absolutely need it to stay positive. Go for a run ;)
Meg

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Don't give up Cathy!!! If I had continued along with you, I can only dream of what I would have looked like!

You are doing so amazingly well. Have 1 slow week and then back on the horse again! As they said, visualize what you want to do, how you want to look and make it a reality! I know you can do it. You've already done it!!! And you'll keep doing it!

Keep strong girl! Life throws us so many challenges. Positive thinking, positive visualization, positive living. It will all reveal itself in due time. Until then, make the best of every day!

Sending lots of love and hugs