Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday, and updates...

Well, it has been a busy weekend. I got a brisk 4.2 walk in yesterday for a 1/2 hour. This morning was Jazzercise. I truly hope to get a long run in tonight and tomorrow!

As I had mentioned before. I am interested in trying out for the Reign Valley Vixens next weekend. I emailed them, and voila...I am trying out next Saturday! Imagine that!

My friend at Kidswap has lent me elbow pads, knee pads, wrist guards and GAVE me a really cool helmet (skater boy type in matte black!!) Thank you Shelly and Jason! And thank you to the Vixen who is lending me a pair of rollerskates for the session/tryout! I am SOOOOOO very excited. I think I would make a great blocker! I guess time will tell. Hopefully all of the old sessions in the 80's at Stardust Roller Rink will pay off! And of course all of the roller blading I did in the 90's.

Needless to say. Jason and Shelly said I should develop my rink "persona" and create a t-shirt and dress the part for the tryouts.

So, my task this week (ABOVE and BEYOND the usual) is to come up with a persona for me. Some names we came up with so far?!

Pink Lightening (my old running name)

Mommy Mafia*

Derby Peach

Derby Momma

Momma C Ta

Coconut Cream Ya

Crash Test Mommy

*added this morning


What do you think?! Any ideas? Can you think of anything obvious I may be missing? A name we have overlooked? What would I wear/look like? My hair/my T-Shirt etc?!

And, when the family comes out to cheer me on, what could we call them?! We could dress them up...Cliff mentioned flames - 5 pink flames and 1 blue flame...

Thanks for your help!!

9 comments:

Jillian Kirby said...

Oh my gosh Cathy!!! This is just HILARIOUS... I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! I didn't even know they still did this sort of thing!!
I HEART Momma C Ta.... but that's just me!

I'm sooooo there when you make the team!
J

cathy said...

I am so excited to try out!! I just hope my skating skills will come back to me lol! If you Google Roller Derby or YouTube you can find LOTS of stuff there.

I hope I make it! *fingers crossed* if not, then I have tried something new that is not "Groundhog Day" to me right!!

cathy said...

Oh yeah another funny thing! The one girl/coach is also competing in the Goo-Be-Gone lol! She recognized my name from the top 10 list! Crazy! She knows Jordan.

LauraC said...

OK this is why I KNEW we would be great friends!!! They have roller derby here in NC and I have been DYING to check it out. First season - too sick with morning sickness. Second season - newborn twins. Third season - Jon's been out of town for almost every game night!!

I love Coconut Cream Ya... you have to do something UN-MOMMY.

PS. Beth got to meet up with blogger Megan. Jealous!!! All the bloggers are meeting!!

PamnPat'sParadise said...

I like Pink Lightening and dress the kids as flames/lightning bolts. If it worked before, it can work for ya now!

Very cool!!!

oh...and I'll be back blogging again soon - I found something new I'm trying and if in another work, I am seeing some progress I'll start posting again! keeping fingers crossed for some positive news here!!!

Kerry said...

Ooo, what about 'No Sym-empey-thy'? Crash Test Mommy is pretty good, Crash Test Cathy could be good too (getting away from the 'mom' thing)!

I think the t-shirt should have a LOT of sparkles on it (so you can look like a sparkly streak when you're whizzing around the track). Sparkly flames on the arms (say if it was a long-sleeve t shirt) so you could look like you're swooping in on people!

Good luck with the tryouts! :)

Jillian Kirby said...

YES!! I didn't even think about that... but YES... get away from the mommy thing... I like Pink Lightening .. that's great!

Jillian Kirby said...

Oh and yeah, Ted told me!! Terri O'Donnell (or Scandelicious is her roller derby name apparently)... she works with Jordan and Ted! Crazy small world!!

Anonymous said...

Cath ~ I love your friends suggestion of the 'No Sym-empey-thy'! That is excellent! (Good one Kerry!)
Keep us posted on how it goes cuz. I'm excited to hear about it. :-)
Andrea xo
(I'll not forget you whizzing about on 128th at what ever god-awful late hour it was. I was so impressed!) xo