Tuesday, February 5, 2008

44 pounds gone and 60 more to go!

I am so excited when I see the amount of weight I have lost shown as one lump sum. 44.4 pounds gone since the birth of Courtney on November 16th, 2007. Today I was thinking back to when I had my maternity photos taken with Jillian. And the day I gave birth to my last baby. I was at my highest weight EVER, 238!. I was huge and swollen up. And my poor veins. But I still felt so beautiful! At that point it was like I felt like WHATEVER. I don't think I will EVER get this weight off. But so far all 34 pounds of this pregnancy are off. And I am now below and working my way down to my goal of 135 pounds. I have 60 pounds left to go. It seems that with every pregnancy I added 12 pounds on. But, my pregnancies were all close together not affording me the time to get the weight off. Everytime I lost weight, I ended up pregnant! The never ending battle it seemed.

So, from today on with each 12 pounds I remove I will think back and take a trip down memory lane. So, in 12 pounds it will be Caroline, then Catie, then Carly, then Claire and then finally Cameron.

It feels like with every pound gone, I erase that part of my life. Atleast the pregnant part of my life. I am OK with moving on now. The weight loss is refreshing me, and helping me to reach my NEW goals. Some goals I am very excited about. Time to move forward and get rid of this 'Groundhog Day' existence that I feel I live. I want to shake stuff up, and not feel STUCK. The weight makes me feel stuck. Just like when I had my braces on for a few years (not to mention the headgear, elastics etc.) BUT when the braces came off I blossomed! (well that I how I remember 20 years ago!)

I am so excited to see what that weight will feel like, what I will look like. Will it make me happier? Will it change my life like I think it will! All of the unknowns that finally are becoming more so a reality.

60 pounds! But, really when I think long and hard about those 60 pounds...they were totally worth it! They are worth every pound I gained.

60 pounds! I am doing it! I am already doing it! I am going to get there by October 1st 2008!

I am going to reach my GOAL! I am not going to waver! I am sticking with this, and following my plan through to the end. I will not give up!

When I am done with this process of losing my weight I will have removed 104 pounds from my frame! WOW! How can that NOT feel great!

3 comments:

Jillian Kirby said...

You'll do it! I have complete faith in you! And as my good friend said on my blog: I'd venture to say those extra 60 lbs you've gained throughout your pregnancies have also brought you a more fulfilling and satisfying life!

And geeze lady... if you lose 104 lbs in less than a year from Courtney's birth, that will be AMAZING!... considering it took you almost 10 years to gain it! Wow... you rock! I can't wait!

Allyson said...

Congratulations my darling girl! I haven't been able to get onto the "internet" since early last night. WE ARE VERY, VERY PROUD OF YOU! Imagine, you are shedding the pounds before our very eyes. You looked great on Friday even if you were shall I say it, slightly down ;) Keep on going, and can you see the Happy Dance I'm doing just for you??? xxxxxooooo

Alyson said...

yay for you!!!!