Tuesday, April 1, 2008

FINAL WEIGH IN GBG - Tuesday April 1st 2008

Goo-Be-Gone Summary

Starting weight: 218.8

Finishing weight:167

Pounds lost this week: 4 (171-4=167)

Percentage of weight loss during competition: 2nd place: Cathy = 23.67% loss (I lost by 6.45%)

Total pounds lost from Jan 1-April 1: 51.8 pounds

My rings that were so tight and couldn't be worn, are now getting so loose they could fall off! They all twist around on my ring finger! Crazy! I believe that I may weigh less than when we got married?! I never had a scale back then. But I certainly look smaller than at my wedding. Just the weight is distributed a lot different due to all of my pregnancies and deliveries etc. Forever changed!

I exceeded my weight-loss goal for this competition. Originally I had planned on losing 20-30 pounds and I beat that by an extra 20 pounds! I have given myself a great head start. And now I have proved to myself that this is a game of mind over matter! I have discovered I have will-power of steel! I can accomplish just about anything.

I won't bother with my measurements or a photo right now. I will do an after photo of the WHOLE weight loss on June 1st. I feel a new bathing suit heading my way...and hopefully somewhere hot and tropical where I can wear it!!

I came in second place, and I also took the Miss Congeniality crown. That felt good! It would have felt way better to have finished 1st but I did my very best. What else could I have done? So, therefore I know I put in my best effort. Seriously I don't like losing LOL. But, I will suck that up and use that negative energy and put it into losing the last 32 pounds!

Cliff ended up with 3rd place. I am so proud of you honey! You did great! You look like the day we got married! SO proud! SOOOO proud of you.

As you can see I have sort of updated me blog. I have changed my ticker back to reflect my TOTAL weightloss since the day I had Courtney.

My total weight loss to date: From November '07 to April 1st '08 I have lost a total of 71 pounds! And now I have 32 pounds to go. I will give myself another 3 months to lose those pounds. June 1st is my next deadline! Perfect for bikini season!

My motivation is high, and I will continue to weigh in, change my ticker and blog every Tuesday until I hit June 1st. I plan on losing approximately 2 pounds per week. I will take my time in losing the balance of the weight. And, if I get to a weight that I feel comfortable with, I may just stop there! After all they are my rules ;D

Nothing really changes for me today, except now I am basically on my own, and nobody to email my weight to. The excitment is over, those 71 pounds are in the past and now I will concentrate of the task of losing 32 FINAL pounds. I will update my goals too. I need some thing to motivate me to see that 135 on the scale.

103 pounds lost is what I am after! 103 pounds! I know I will get there, because I have it in me!

I just wanted to say thank you to all of my support team who come here each week and comment and cheer me on. You do not know how wonderful that has been. So please come back and see me once in awhile OK!!

Have a great week!

And, I just want to say congratulations to Ted K for getting his 1st place! Thank you for bringing out the competitor in me! Thank you for helping me reach my goals! You are fierce Mr! Fierce! So, when are you taking us out to dinner?? ;D

Cathy

8 comments:

Alyson said...

I'm so happy for you. You must feel like a new person. So many people give up after a couple of weeks, and I have to say, I am amazed at how determined you are. 135 seems so far and unreachable from 200.....you are proving that it is possible with hard work and determination.

you inspire me ;)
Alyson

AmberW said...

Cathy we are all SO incredibly proud of you!!! You did AMAZING?! There aren't that many people out there that have your drive, commitment and spirit!!! You motivate me everyday, especially now that our family (yes, including inlaws) are doing our own 15 pound challenge. I am down 5lbs since March 24th! woot! Congratulations, you are incredible. And of course you will meet your goal by June 1st, and we will be all there to follow you to the end!

Irma said...

Yeah Cathy!! You did great! And I know you'll keep motoring....(-:

Kerry said...

You do have willpower like steel! (And at least you can take the 1st place finish at home!)

;)

Jillian Kirby said...

Cathy! You rock girl!! Honestly, you did so amazingly and the pride you must have in yourself is just crazy!

Congrats lady... you did awesome!

And congrats on Miss Congeniality! ;)

Allyson said...

Wow, it seems Number 2 always tries harder. Just like the Hirtz Car commercials from when you were little. And the beauty of number 2is that see I still remember Hirzt but not their competitor. That said, you will always and forever be Number 1 with me! You and Cliff both have done such an incredible job especially knowing what's been going on with our dear Earl. I am super proud of both of you. And everyone reading this message, take it from me, these two are Champs and look like a million, and better than that, they feel it too! Love you Cathy and Cliff xxxoooo

Yvonne said...

WoooHooo for Cathy! Will power of Steel -- no doubt!! I'll take a sliver of that and be doing better than I am now!!

I believe you can do it! You've done good and will continue ... I can't wait to see your before and after pics side by side!!!

Carol Kerfoot said...

Congratulations Cathy! ( damn the suit heh? ;) )

You look fantastic!