Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wednesday

Well, today is a brand new day. I have high hopes of getting back to my healthy exercise plan. I was invited out with a friend of mine, but I need to make a date with Mr. Treadmill today, and for the rest of the week. That is what is missing from my life right now. Physical exercise. I don't really feel like getting on there, but I know once I get back on, I will feel super. Heck, maybe I might go to the RR for a run tonight. I will see how all of the kids are doing when Cliff is home.

There is a local Tri happening in the city end of June. I am considering doing that to give me a goal. It is 400m swim, 21K cycle and 5k run. It is more than do-able. I would just have to get my bike in order again, and get a swim suit. And some ear plugs. My ears and water are not a good match.

Also, I have been doing some research on a local/island half marathon on October 12th. So, I have some exciting things in the wings which is really needed. Now, how to get my husband to be able to do some of this with me.

I feel bad for wanting to take the time for myself. I feel selfish, but I need to do this like I need air.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

That's awesome! Even the idea of making little plans must make you feel more energized!

LauraC said...

Oh Cathy, do not feel bad for wanting time for yourself. You NEED time for yourself. And think what an example you set for your kids! When your kids are grown, they are going to look back and think - she had SIX of us and she did a triathalon?! Our mom is AWESOME.

And even if you don't do a triathalon, they will still think you are awesome.

Anyway I work for myself bc I love it and I never feel bad, because that is what I need to be the best mom I can be. I need to talk about nerdy stuff like software like I need air :)

Alyson said...

My marathon is October 11th!! It would be amazing to 'run' together....even if it would be virtually ;)