Sunday, March 30, 2008

Run like the wind {Pink Lightning!!}

I wanted to go to Jazzercise this morning but when I got there I realized that today was the 30th and there was no class. Bummer.

So, I came home and said to Cliff I should pop down to the RR and go for a run with my old hang out 'The Running Room" so I did. But it has been about 16 months since Cliff and I ran with our running group. WAY TOO LONG. So, I got there 3 minutes too late and missed all of the groups. I ran on my own. I even ran up the big hill on 200th from 64th all the way up to 72nd and back down. In the past I never enjoyed running up THAT huge hill. Today I conquered it! I felt fabulous and I did not give up! I finished strong...sort of how I will finish this GBG on Tuesday morning. I will not quit! I have come WAY too far to quit now!

That was the best feeling this morning!! The best!! It was lovely to see friends again and laugh!!

I ran 6 sets of 10/1's and then another 5 minutes (back to the store again) And then I stretched. I figure I did about 10K this morning! Fabulous!

A half marathon is in my future...maybe this October!! Got to keep another goal within my reach!!

6 comments:

Kerry said...

Holy ja-moley, that hill is BRUTAL. Good on you for conquering it!

Michelle said...

Hey!!!! that is just awesome Cathy.. I'll gladly run next to you anytime the kids and hubby's can play at qp.* if you know where I mean* that must have felt amazing..

LauraC said...

The Chicago marathon is on October 12! That would meet a lot of goals! It is one of the flattest races in the US.

PS. No, I am not running it. I did a marathon on my 23rd birthday and swore I would never do that again!!

Allyson said...

Wow Cathy, you are one super amazing daughter! I am so proud of you. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning as you do your final weigh-in for GBG. You've done gone from a great big girl to a gorgeous belle goddess! And while I have my fingers crossed that you will win this competition, you look like a million and even more importantly feel like a million and that is priceless. Love you Original kid of mine.
Mom
xxxooo

AmberW said...

Ohhhh Cathy that is AWESOME! There is a wonderful Marathon/Half Marathon that takes place in Victoria every Thanksgiving. This year my mom and all her siblings, and all their kids, and us are going to be there!!! It's going to be awesome! You should plan that as your goal :) OVer to Victoria we go!

Irma said...

You go Girl! I hope you win the GBG! You sure deserve it after all your hard work!
I'm jealous of you...I might weigh less, but I'm definitely not as fit as you! I don't think that I can run up no hill right now....I sometimes am out of breath just running up the stairs!