Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

I finally got a workout in this morning, after our power came back on. I woke up on the couch last night at 4:18 am to the power flickering and going off. Thankfully I knew where my supplies were. I got into bed and got up at 8 ish.

I did about 68 minutes on the treadmill at a slower pace (due to the throbbing in my broken finger) at 3.8 and at times when I could take the throbbing a 4.0 that was tough. I have to walk with my hand kind of up, and to my side to curtail that feeling.

I am up one pound I think due to the Subway I had last night (salty baked lays) and I splurged and had a cup of iced tea. I did this because well one, I was hungry and I wanted to give up last night. So I gave in on a bit of a treat.

It is because of all the chaos going on around my place, and now on top of it 6 weeks in a splint makes it kind of difficult to keep my regular pace. I know it will not be forever, but frustrating all the same because there is less than two weeks left in the GBG. And, the competitor that I am FREAKS because it is not GOING TO PLAN. So, I have to modify. I am not giving up, rather just changing the way I have to do things which sucks. But, I cannot not give up! Not now. Not after all of the hard work I have done.

So,for now no more running on treadmill (hurts too much) and just brisk walking hopefully daily! I need this for my sanity! Is Spring Break over yet?

I will hopefully lose something for Tuesday but truly not counting on it. Such is life right!! But the good news is that I already exceeded my very original goal of 20-30 pounds! I blitzed that one! Woot!

4 comments:

st said...

Hi Cathy-
I'm a mom of young kids who needs to lose about 50lbs. I discovered your blog a few days ago and I just wanted to let you know your story is HUGELY inspiring. You are a great example of someone who is taking care of the family and taking care of HERSELF. Congrats on all the progress you've made!!
Thanks, Meg

cathy said...

Thanks for visiting Meg!! I wish you well as you start your journey! You can do it!

I have saved your blog to my faves! I will come in and check on you OK!!

Glad you are enjoying my blog!!

Cathy

Anonymous said...

You are doing great, I don't think you are really up a pound, you are probably gaining a bit of water you lost last week when you were ill. Keep up the good work!

cathy said...

Thanks Anon!!