Monday, March 17, 2008

The night before weigh in!

Well, I am back in the saddle again! I had a super duper "last chance workout" tonight. I did 6.40 miles at 4.2/4.4 brisk power walk. And in there I did 10 mins running at 5.5 mph. Then I cooled down. I spent 100 minutes on there. My hubby has not much left to lose, and I do. So, I have to kick it into HIGH GEAR because there are only 2 more weigh ins left in the GBG after tomorrow.

I know I am in FIERCE competiton with another FIERCE competitor! So, may the best MAN OR WOMAN WIN. Seriously though, I don't think I will win ANY money, or come in first place. You have all seen THE BIGGEST LOSER. The men USUALLY win, but hey I will not let that deter me. Most likely 2nd I will be. Cliff is fine with me passing him over! He supports me ;D. I am so proud of what he has done too! He looks AMAZING!

But truly I feel I have won just based on how far I have come in the past months. I am highly motivated, and you just never know what one can do when you set your mind on a goal. I have NEVER waivered. I will NOT waiver. I am strong and I will not go down without a fight.

I have had a bad couple of weeks with sickness, sickness in the house, a sick FIL, and my cat died. I have made it through holiday eats, party eats sabbotage even! Practically on a daily basis. I just turn up my nose and say...is it WORTH IT????

Anything and everything going on in our life right now could be potential ways to waiver and stop doing what I am doing. But as I have said in the past. I AM WORTH IT!!!!!! Even when the GBG is over. I am continuing on this path to finding myself. I will reach my goal!

Until tomorrow morning!

5 comments:

LauraC said...

Cathy I really could not believe the pictures from the baptism. It is amazing how much more energy you radiate in photos. It's not just about losing the weight, it seems like you are finding yourself as a woman instead of just defining yourself as a mother. It is really special to me to be on this journey with you (virutally, of course).

Kerry said...

Wow, I can feel the energy just bursting out of that post! :)

cathy said...

Laura, thank you! Thank you! Seriously you just summed up exactly how I feel! I thank you for supporting me virtually this whole journey! I think you are amazing and I am going to meet you in Chicago the first chance I GET!

Cathy

cathy said...

Kerry: You betcha! Bursting!! I have this burning FIRE inside of me! I feel ALIVE!!!!! lol!

Irma said...

Wow Cathy...I can't believe all the clothing sizes you've dropped. I feel guilty reading your blog right now because I'm eating Tostitos. (-: I love eating when I'm pregnant...but luckily I'm one of those lucky ones that after pregnancy I don't crave food and have a good metabolism to boot.(hopefully that stays that way!!) I don't think I would be quite as determined as you...wow, I can't believe you have all the energy and especially finding the time to keep it up faithfully. You go GIRL....I can smell the finish!