Friday, August 22, 2008

Changing my half marathon race!

I have decided, that I will decide closer to the 12th of October if Courtney will be OK with me travelling away for the RVM half in Victoria. I can cancel the hotel reservations 24 hours before if need be.

I have, however found a local half marathon that we can take the whole family too. That is the way to go I feel. It is on the 19th of October. So, one week later. I am excited about that.

My training is going well. We are doing longer runs, and hill training. Last Sunday I ran a 14 km run and it was awesome, and this week we did a 6 km tempo run, and on Wednesday we did hills. So a 3 km run there, 6 hills, and then a 3 km race back.

I am going to seriously consider doing some triathlons next year. There are several small ones I can do to get my feet wet in the sport again. And then in 2010 I want to do my first Half Iron in Oliver, BC. 2 km swim, 93 km bike, and 21.1 km run (half marathon) I know I can do it! It will just take some patience on my end, and just knowing I can do it! Yay!

My weight is up by about 2 pounds, but I feel that it is muscle I am putting on as my clothes all still fit the same. I changed my ticker to reflect that gain.

4 comments:

st said...

sounds like a great plan. the half marathon is a wonderful race. i know about that muscle gain. its not fun to see the number go up, but muscle is heavy, it burns calories and makes you stronger. so its worth it!

Lyn said...

Wow, you look fantastic! Thanks for sending me your blog. It's very inspirational. I will have to dig into your archives and read more about your journey! Be well.

cathy said...

Meg: Thank you for your visit to my blog and yes you are right about the muscle and it IS worth it.

Lyn: Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Your blog inspires me daily to keep moving forward. I see a lot of myself in your posts. I hope you enjoy my blog as much as I have enjoyed reading yours. You have such a beautiful way with words.

Take care!

Cathy

AmberW said...

Ohhhhh I sure hope you can come! I really really want to see you :)You need to do what is best for you and the familia!