Monday, August 18, 2008

My run yesterday morning

I went for a 14+ km run that started out with thunder and lightening. Then a huge downpour of rain. More thunder and lightening, then sun! That was the most different run I have ever done LOL.

I have been keeping very well. My runs are getting longer, next Sunday I run 16 kms. This week a straight tempo 6 km on Tuesday, and on Wednesday is hill training. We are up to 6 hills.

My race day is about 8 weeks away. But, I am thinking weaning Courtney is not going as smoothly as I had hoped, and this race is not local. I have to go on a Ferry, and stay in a hotel. We were planning on staying for 2 nights (sans children), but now I am thinking I may not run the official race. Just keep with the training. I will be eventually running 20 kms so that will be a huge accomplishment for now. But, I have already paid 70 dollars to go there and do it. SOOOOO. Not too sure. We may just go on the ferry, with Courtney, sleep over, I race and then come home. Only one night. Just get it done!

Or, I continue on with my running. I join another half marathon training that starts end of October (I was going to do this one anyways) and do the Historic Half right in my town. It is on the Valentines Day weekend in February 2009. My breastfeeding will be over by then!! That might be a better scenario. Although not what I really wanted right now.

What to do. What to do. My husband has put on 20 pounds, so September 2nd I am going to try to help him get back on track. I know he is not happy with this gain, but his life has been pretty stressful since his Dad died. So, I am sure there will be some more bloggin' going on around here in the next little while.

No comments: