Monday, August 4, 2008

I chose to wear the blue one


We had a great day! I read on the waterpark website that you cannot have any metal on your suit, so that helped me solve my bikini dilemma. ;D
Today, I realized for a mom of six I look pretty darn good. I saw all sorts of body types at the waterpark today. But my weightloss was not really about looks for me. It was more about health. And today I was SOOOOO thankful that I did not have those 88-90 extra pounds on my body! I was able to run up the stairs and not be even a little bit out of breath. I was thankful that I fit on the waterslides, the tubes and that I felt confident to walk and run around in a bikini today. I haven't had the courage to do so before this. Today I was living my life to the fullest! That is how I want to live from now on! I was so pleased that I did not have to live my life on the sidelines feeling stuck in the body I had before.
I had a blast with my guys today! I felt like wow! I am wearing a size medium bikini and it fits well! Woot woot!
What a lovely day! I look forward to MANY MANY MANY more of the same! This past year I have had 'Lose Weight in 2008' up. Next year, it will be '2009 is all about good family times!' We are looking forward to moving forward and having so much fun! Bring it on!

4 comments:

LauraC said...

AWESOME Cathy!!! I felt really nervous about going to the pool in a bikini (should actually take pics bc my body looks very similar to yours!) but when I saw everyone else, I realized I was a pretty hot twin mama.

And you are a freaking hot mama of 6!!!

cathy said...

Thank you Laura! When I meet you maybe we go for a run first, and then hit the pool :D

YOu are are a SUPER HOT TWIN MAMA!!!!!!!!

Angela said...

Good for you Cathy! This post is inspiring to me. Thank you. I am tearing up at the thought of going to a waterpark with my kiddos and just feeling...free to have fun with them without any hangups. I will get there!

Thanks for sharing this and i love your 2009 motto :o)

cathy said...

Thank you Angela! It was a great feeling! One that I have missed so much! You will get there!

I love our new motto too LOL!