Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Walking feels so good!

I have been walking a lot with all 6 kids. Pushing 2 in the double stroller to school and back. The weather, although cold has been PERFECT for walking. It feels good to be able to move, without huffing and puffing and having troubles bending down like when I was pregnant. Walking makes me feel more alive, healthy and calm. I even feel better about my body when I walk. Then the trouble is when I look into the mirror at home. Then I wonder who is that person staring back at me? You don't look like Cathy I remember. What happened to FUN CATHY? Where did she go?

I like the person I am inside, but I want the outside to reflect back the person I am in person, and inside. They just do not jive. I have felt like this after the birth of EACH of my kids. With time, I know I will reach my goal. But, I feel impatient. Chill! lol. Chill.

I think I will just not look in the mirror until I can start feeling better about myself. No, I will look in the mirror, and try to come up with ONE positive thing about my looks that I like right now.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Look at yourself and say ... WOW I am a mom of six beautiful blessings!! They love me now and will just the same later when I enjoy looking back at my reflection!!!

cathy said...

Thanks Yvonne, that is a good one! Really good!!

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Good for you girl! It's not long and we can get at it again and go crazy...I know things will start to happen for you and you'll see results before you know it.

We can do it, we can do it, we can, we can (Can you see Chrissy Snow jumping up and down with Jack Tripper yelling this on Three's Company??) LOL

Irma said...

Couldn't have said Yvonne's comment better!

These feelings soon will pass...at least you're still able to smile and see the joys of motherhood. That already is huge!

Keep on smiling....

cathy said...

Thanks Pam and Irma!! Thanks for the support!!