Sunday, December 23, 2007

9 days till the challenge starts!

We bought ourselves a Christmas present last night. A new scale. We went middle of the road with pricing, and not too many functions or options just a basic scale. And, I think the weight should be right on, as it pretty much matches our Dr's scale. So, I am content with that. Now I weight more though and that sucks lol. (that is because our old scale was too low...the truth hurts, oh yes it does)

Anyways. Cliff is doing the Go-Be-Gone too, but I will not be documenting his weight loss. I told him to start his OWN blog. Maybe he will. He plans on losing 50 pounds, which will bring him back to when I first met him and married him. We are both excited to start this process together. We will support each other which will be nice.

I am 13 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight...so that is pretty good because I haven't even been working on getting any of that baby weight off yet. I have lost 21 pounds of baby weight in the past 5 weeks. Not bad. Thankfully I did not put on as much as the other pregnancies.

So, my plan is to lose 77 pounds. Maybe 87 pounds. I will decide when I get closer to my goal. But, my plan is to take the weight off in manageable amounts. First is the big goal of getting UNDER 200 pounds, and then I will use mini goals of 5 pounds or maybe even 10 pounds. That seems reasonable to me. Because the thought of losing 77 or 87 pounds is really a HUGE goal to attain and really scary, but exciting scary!! A big challenge. But truly one I am READY to achieve. If I were to add my top pregnancy weight to those numbers I am at 98 pounds lost or 108 pounds lost! I will have to come up with a stellar goal prize for myself! Not just teeth whitening lol!

So, I have already started the mental preparation for this huge undertaking. I am visualizing myself as that smaller me. Like my goal photo. I am picturing myself doing fun things at that weight etc. Planning what clothes I would like to wear etc. I am trying to think myself healthy to get ready to do this. I am thinking about how great I will feel, and the energy I will create. And how much more present I will feel in my life. No more hiding or sitting on the sidelines. It will be good.

I will be glad to see the scale move below the 200 mark too. I NEVER EVER want to go there again. With every pregnancy I have gone beyond that mark. Thankfully those days are over!

This is going to be sooo good!

No comments: