Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ortho Appointment 20 years later!

One of my goals of 2008 is to really work on myself, and fix up the things I haven't been able to do because of constantly being pregnant or nursing. I haven't been able to fit in certain things, or do things because I was busy with the kids etc. Well, yes I am busier than ever...BUT with Courtney being our last I can see my future a bit better. I can start to plan for things I couldn't do before. Like get retainers AGAIN.

So, last night I searched the name of my orthodontists from years ago. Thank goodness for the Internet! So, I called the office and left a message about wanting to get retainers made to keep my mouth in shape. Well, they called back this morning and they are still in the same building after all of these years and they still have my old record which is 20 years ago at least! And, they also have my Mom's record. So, I am going in January to be re-fit or retro fitted lol for new retainers. I am going to bring a photo of myself from the day I got my braces and bring it (and the scummy retainers!!) I am so excited. I wonder if I will be remembered. Did you know I STILL have my braces in a little envelope from the day I got them off in my 16th year? I cannot get rid of those. They were a HUGE part of my life for 3 years.

Once I hit my goal weight in October 2008 I am going to get ZOOM whitening done. That is my ultimate reward...and who wants to cram a bunch of garbage in your mouth when you have nice pearly whites...lol. I am hoping the teeth will be the incentive to keep the weight off. And, also reward myself for my lifetime achievement of NO cavities EVER!!! I want to celebrate that part of me! I have been wanting to get this done for YEARS!!

2008 is my year to shine my big smile again. I have so much to smile about!!

5 comments:

Alyson said...

I had braces AND A HEAD GEAR!! for four years!! so I get the whole teeth thing.

I also spent 400 at the dentist 10years ago and had my teeth whitened. it was the best thing I ever did for myself.
you look great!!

cathy said...

Alyson, I had 4 elastics, the heaviest tracks and HEAD GEAR!! lol!

That is cool! Thanks!!!

Jillian Kirby said...

Cathy! This is so great! I know you're sad that the pregnancy/baby portion of your life is over, but now it's time for Cathy to shine!! You are this powerhouse of a woman who runs a household of 8, looks amazing, is losing weight and has all these fantastic goals for herself! Way to go!! and way to make time for YOU! I think that's a lesson a lot of us moms need to take!

Lose weight in 2008! Go Goo-Be-Gone!!!

Ps... me and Ted are gonna kick yours and Cliffs butt!!! LOL!!!
:)

AmberW said...

Uh-oh - might this be the Jillian (team) vs Cathy (team) vs Amber (team) I might have to get Andrew into this too!!!

You are going to do GREAT Cathy and everything Jillian said... I agree 100%

cathy said...

Uh oh! Watch out other teams!! This girl is going to ROCK this challenge!! Yup! Rock it!! xo

Thanks Amber! I love your support it means so much!!