Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday, the 3rd of Jan.

Today, was a good day. I didn't get to exercise today as the snow and road conditions here are just not safe. So I chose safe over sorry today. My legs are still adjusting to the snowy run last night. So, maybe a good thing anyways.

My eating was good! I had my Kashi and skim milk for breakfast (and I added one serving of All Bran Buds for extra fibre), I had a no fat no whip mocha as a 'snack.' Mmm.

For lunch we had turkey roll ups in whole wheat wraps. Tomato, pickled asparagus spears for crunch, and organic salad mix. Mmmm.

For dinner I made a mexican inspired salad. It was extremely satisfying and tasty.

Mexican Salad (under 500 cals for the whole meal)
2-3 cups of organic salad in a large bowl (made separate for both of us--individual servings)
1 whole tomato
1/2 an avocado
1/2 cup of black beans
1/4 cup of salsa
a sprinkling of grated cheddar cheese on top
a bit of jalepeno pepper rounds on top for excitement LOL
1 serving of Triscuit crackers for crunch on the side

I am going to try to get out for a walk in the snow tonight, and I did my 100 crunches, my 25 girl push ups and my 50 squats.

Tomorrow (weather depending) I will run about 10 km if I can get there, and the roads look safe. OR, I will run down to Jazzercise with my weights in my backpack.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Hi Cathy ... You're off to a great start! Thank you for adding the salad recipe ... sounds good and worth making! :)

Just curious ... are you planning on running everyday AND extra cardio on top of that? I love your motivation!!

cathy said...

Hi Angie! So nice to see you here! LOL.

Happy New Year.

Nope...I think that would be too much exercise, and not enough time. I will do my running, and then hopefully cardio on the 'off running days.'

Today, as I blogged I didn't exercise. SOOOO much snow, and the garage is REALLY cold. So NOTHING.

Unknown said...

Ha ha - you're making me look bad by getting down to the store for running these days! We had company today so it wouldn't have worked anyways, but geez I'm hoping some of this snow melts - I need to get back out there for real next week!