Friday, January 2, 2009

Friday - Starting Weight/First Weigh In

Starting Weight: 160 pounds
(Goal is to lose 20 pounds by February 28th - 8 weeks)

Next Weigh In: Friday, January 9th, 2009

Exercise today: Ran 8.84 km in 58.04 (average pace was 6:34 km--slow due to ice and snow everywhere) with marathon clinic (I am officially signed up!!)
100 crunches, 25 girly push ups, and 25 squats.

Starting Measurements:

Chest: 38

Waist: 29

Hips: 39


Exercise Plan:

Run on Tuesday, Wed, Friday and Sunday

*Daily Cardio - Class, run, treadmill, power walk - whatever I can do!!

Weights on Monday,Thursday and Saturday

(*Trying to get daily cardio in 7x's a week for 1 hour minimum!!)



Water:

IIIIIIIIII


Vitamins:

multi, vitamin c, vitamin d, calcium


*******

I woke up this morning, and it felt like Christmas morning. I was excited to get going on my plan! I feel so motivated, and I know the motivation will carry me through these last 20 pounds. It is just too bad that I gained approximately 10 pounds since June 2008. Most of them accumulating due to lack of motivation, busy life, death in the family, excuses, more excuses. And of course the holiday season which is full of goodies and drinks etc. All my fault, I put everything in my mouth. Nobody to blame but myself. BYE GONES. I am not going to get down on myself, I am going to get the weight off is what I am going to do!


We couldn't get our healthy groceries done last night because all of the shopping chains closed at 6 pm. So, today I make do with what is in the house. There are healthy choices all around me, I have to choose them. I have my shopping list, and tonight the groceries will be bought by Cliff (as I do my 10 km run) who is eating healthy with me. He weighs about 206, and so he has some pounds to lose again. He did it just before his Dad died in June 2008, and he will do it again! It is nice to have that kind of support.


Cliff and I are going to actually join a gym this year! I think tomorrow is the day. I cannot wait to incorporate some weights etc. along with my cardio plan! It is going to be the x factor to take me all the way to my weightloss goal of 140 pounds!

I liked having my Garmin tonight for my first run of the year. I burned almost 800 calories tonight which is super!! 







1 comment:

Angie said...

You are so motivating, Cathy! I love following this and you, in turn, or inspiring me ... again!
YOU GO GIRL!!