Thursday, October 23, 2008

Where I'm at

I took a day off of running on Sunday. It felt weird to do so, especially because Sundays are generally my 'long runs' but I really needed it. I think my body is reacting to stress, and lack of sleep. I have also developed a twitch in my eye. It goes away (mostly) when I am running and away from the house. BUT, when I walk through the door it starts up. Especially twitchy eye when it is loud in the house. And, that is just part and parcel with having a large family. I also would think that just the general busy that is constantly part of my life. Our life with six kids. Has something to do with it all. 

SO, I slept in (well till about 8 ish -- thank you hubby!) that felt good. But weird. But the twitch is STILL there.

I then decided that I would sign up for another half marathon clinic. So, on Tuesday I started running/training again for a goal race the day after Valentines day. Closer to home. 

So I ran a little 3km straight run on Tuesday with the group. And then on Wednesday (last night) I ran 6.3 km straight run. That felt great. My body CRAVES fitness and exercise. Everything just feels better when I exercise. Everything keeps in balance. That is the mental, the exercise, the food and water intake. And just a general sense of well being that I cannot get from anything else than you guessed it...running. I am a better Mom and person when I run. Again, that whole 'guilt' thing comes back, but it is something I have scheduled into my ical. And I love having something to look forward to. I strive to keep doing better, and trying to get as fit as I can. Once I stop breastfeeding my oh so attached Coco. I will be putting my name on the list FINALLY for my vein surgery. I will call the office After February once my run is done. I am hoping I can have the surgery done in between clinics, or at least in the lower km runs. I will be out for a week of running for the surgeries. And with the injections I hear 2 weeks. Yikes. I will go coo coo. So, I will just focus on today!

So, I am back on the wagon and running. Training for my next half marathon. Now...who will come on out and cheer me on?! It is a VERY hill course! LOL.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remind us closer to the day, time, location etc., and hopefully we'll be there with bells on (literally!) Love ya. Andrea

Unknown said...

Hey Cathy - how many people are in the clinic? I was thinking of joining too - or, at least tagging along on Wednesdays and Sundays!

Andrew D said...

Way to get back to it, Cathy. After my half marathon in September, I've been having a really tough time getting back into the groove too.

I just registered for the Historic Half Marathon in February. So, I'll be there to cheer you on... from within the field of runners.

Actually, based on your recent half-marathon time (8 minutes faster than my recent time), I guess I'll be cheering from behind as I chase you! Ha!

cathy said...

Thanks so much Andrew! I will cheer you on!

Nikki: I think there are about 10 of us?! All women!
I would love for you to join us.

Lyn said...

I will cheer you on from here! Anyone who runs has my complete admiration!

Anonymous said...

hi cathy - i don't know if you remember me... i used to be a follower of your organizing blog and frequently bothered you with questions =) i've recently discovered your health blog and want to say congratulations! that is very exciting and you look great! i am also on a health journey (partly from eating "xocai healthy chocolate" if you've heard of that) and have lost 11 pounds since sept.15th. Thanks for sharing your story! Keep up the great work, --allison

Anonymous said...

hi cathy - i don't know if you remember me... i used to be a follower of your organizing blog and frequently bothered you with questions =) i've recently discovered your health blog and want to say congratulations! that is very exciting and you look great! i am also on a health journey (partly from eating "xocai healthy chocolate" if you've heard of that) and have lost 11 pounds since sept.15th. Thanks for sharing your story! Keep up the great work, --allison

cathy said...

Hi Allison!

Thank you so much for stopping into my new blog! I totally remember you! Welcome !

Cathy