Monday, October 6, 2008

This Sunday

I am running my very first half marathon. I have been wanting to do this distance of race for about three years now. Finally, it is the week before. Six day until I make my mark at the start line. 21.2 kilometres. 

I am a jumble of emotion, nerves, excitement. Woo! And, tomorrow is my 37th birthday. What a great way to start off my 37th year! 

I am just thankful to have legs, and a strong body that carry me day to day. Run while I am able. I try not to take for granted the gifts I am given.

I am blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cousin, I will be rooting for you and whooping from over here... I wish you the best. I know how very important this is to you. Try to have FUN while doing it... :-)
Lots of love (ALWAYS!), Andrea xo

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Cathryn said...

You will do great!

Unknown said...

I know it's late, but Happy Birthday Cathy! What better gift than feeling ready for your upcoming race! Congrats and hope you had a great day today... See you tomorrow night for some fartlek, Speedy!