Sunday, September 28, 2008

23.55 kilometres

That is what I ran this morning. It took me 2 hours and 29 minutes. I was only supposed to run 20 km with my group, but I decided to go with my bud Kevin, and the marathon group. It was a most excellent day for a run. The only thing crummy was that my watch which appeared to be working, stopped working and so I swore, and threw it into a bush LOL.  Anyways...

I am so pleased with what I have been able to accomplish in the last four or so months of my half training. I asked the guys not to tell me when I was past 20, 21.2 km. I just wanted to finish up strong. I managed to do just that, and I sprinted for a finish! It was a great moment. I actually welled up with tears during my run (but making sure nobody saw me LOL) I just thought wow! I did it. After three plus years of wanting to finish this distance, I managed to do it, and a bit more.

I am two weekends away from my half marathon in Victoria. We are going to go. We will go for two nights, bring our baby Courtney, and heck! We will enjoy our time! I cannot wait for race day! I know I will bawl my eyes out when I finish because this is what I have been working SOOOOO hard to do. And just knowing how far I have come in terms of health, all of these babies etc. I cannot wait. 

It is decided. We are going, we are going to have fun and celebrate my birthday in Victoria this year! Perfect way to celebrate my 37th birthday!

The official countdown is on!

8 comments:

LauraC said...

Cathy, YOU ROCK!!! That is awesome awesome awesome. I know exactly what you mean about crying. I cried like a baby when I crossed the finish line of marathon because I was so proud of myself and pushed myself to a level I never thought I could. (and also bc I was so happy to stop running).

But to do this all when thinking about what you are giving your kids (a role model, better health for long life) and the fact that you did it with SIX KIDS?!?!

You are a superwoman!!!

You are such an inspiration. I think I will write a long letter to Oprah about your story :)

fitncrafty said...

Cathy...I love reading your blog it SO inspires me.. When I first lost my weight and ran the half marathon I crossed the line and cried SO hard, the volunteers thought I was hurt! It's been a few years, but I love my shiney medal and it reminds me how far I have come. I am so glad that you were able to make that choice you so wanted. I can't wait to see photo and hear all about it.
Oh and Happy Birthday!!

Haley said...

Well done Cathy!

Have fun in Victoria.

Alyson said...

I already tear up when I read that you just ran a half marathon. congrats. I'm running with you.
perhaps someday it will be my turn as well.

Kerry said...

That's great Cathy! Glad you're going to go out-run everyone in Victoria! :)

cathy said...

Oh I love you all! Thank you for your support!

xo

Unknown said...

Cathy, you are truly inspiring - look how far you've come, I barely recognize you in your 'before' picture. Anyhow, congrats on your run this weekend, you're going to do awesome in Victoria - glad you decided to go. Sub-two hours? You're awesome! Will definitely be checking back to all your blogs...

st said...

u r amazing!!!