Sunday, September 7, 2008

About a week later update

Things are going very well over here. The scale FINALLY budged past the 147 mark, and I actually saw 145.8 this morning after my 12 km run. That was really a good feeling! It seems that I have FINALLY pushed past this 3 month plateau that I have been desperately working through. It has been an exercise in patience that is for sure.

My eating has been good. 

Kashi, skim milk and berries for breakfast
protein bars for snacks
yogurt, ground flax and raisins for snacks
and a salad or lean cuisine, or whole wheat pasta with totmato sauce for dinner. 
I supplement with fresh fruits, lots of water, my vitamins, an iron supplement and of course chocolate! And a couple of cookies with a decaf coffee in the evening with a splash of skim milk.

I have been exercising a bit more too. I have been out on my tempo runs, my hill training and of course my long slow distance runs on Sunday mornings. I really want to add in weight training too, but it is hard to 'fit it all in' so I run if that is all I can do. I have found adding in an extra tempo run with a big hill on Fridays to be just what I need. It felt great, so I hope to do the same on Friday. 

Race day looms closer, and I am still trying to wean but a little girl who shall remain nameless is not really game, but I keep moving forward. 2 feeds done, and we found an Advent cup that she really likes in fact on our errand drive around this afternoon she drank almost the whole thing on her own! So, I think I will buy a couple more to have on hand.

It feels so good to be back on track, and my momentum has kicked into overdrive! I am 10 pounds from my goal of 135! Seriously, I have 10 pounds to go! Boy oh boy does it feel great to say that finally!




6 comments:

Angie said...

Great job, Cathy! Wow ... you're doing so well!

Cent With Love said...

Glad to hear you're back on track! I've missed reading your posts while I was taking a break!

st said...

YEAH!!!! You rock!!!

Alyson said...

yay for moving past the mark!!! yip yip!!!!

Anonymous said...

Excellent cuz! Way to go! Keep up the great work (if you want to of course!) ;-)
Lots of love, Andrea xo

Irma said...

Yeah...well done Cathy!!!!