Sunday, September 14, 2008

19.2 km - the longest run

I completed to date in my whole running experience the longest run I have EVER completed. I feel so proud of my self. It was a great day for a run, and just to think that in a few weeks I will be running my very first half marathon. I have been wanting to do this for so long, and to think that it is weeks away feels just amazing.

Weight wise, I am hanging in at 147 pounds, and I didn't really care too much about my eating. I just went with the flow. But, it is nice to be consistently down below the 150 mark.

I still haven't decided whether to go or not to Victoria for my race. I am still trying to wean Courtney, and well I am doing my best as is she. We have about 3 weeks until I need to leave. And so I will keep working at it. I have cut out now 3-4 feeds and leaving a before dinner feed, a bedtime feed and a early morning feed. 3 weeks, 3 feeds to remove. She is doing OK with her cup! It it doesn't work out, I can a. bring her, or b. do the Rubber Ducky half on the 19th. But I REALLY want to do my big race because I am hooked up and I have paid for my race etc. So, that is where my heart wants to be. 

Anyways, I am just so pleased that I did my run today, and I totally look forward to my 18 ish next week, and the following week a 20 km. Then the race! 

7 comments:

Alyson said...

yay for you!! how exciting!!

Kerry said...

I hope you go and do the big race in Victoria. I think the time away and a big bunch of 'me' time would have you pumped and refreshed by the time you came back. (Not to mention kicking a** at the race!!!) :)

LauraC said...

YOU RULE! I had to go convert to miles and let me say, 12 miles is impressive. It's pretty awesome to know YOU CAN DO IT.

st said...

well done!

Anonymous said...

Well done Cathy!!! you are doing so well! I can't wait to see you tomorrow night, I finally get to make it out again :)

Wendy said...

Cathy, you look amazing!! And what's more, you've gone about it in the healthiest way. Your hard work has paid off and you are an inspiration of health & fitness to me and to your children. I think it's great and makes me look forward to being active again after having baby #2.

fitncrafty said...

Hi Cathy.. You look really great, and should be so proud... I lost 100 lbs four years ago and then ran a half marathon. It was one of the most amazing experiences in my life! Years later I still get emotional about it! I will always own that experience, I did it, just me. So I am hoping for you that you can go with your heart and do that race. There is nothing like crossing that finish line, best of luck to you. I will be checking back to see how you did!