Friday, September 26, 2008

20 km or 23 km on Sunday?

I am still wavering back and forth trying to decide which race to do. 

I am ready...on Sunday I am scheduled to run the longest run I have ever run at 20 km. But another group is doing 23 km and I kinda want to do that run just in case it does not work out for me to go to Victoria in 2 weekends.  Or, there is the Rubber Ducky Half the following weekend on the 19th that is all on bark mulch...hmmm not sure I want to run that?! So, I could just solve all of this and just run it on Sunday. But, my friends tell me I need to run a real race. To me, I just want to get the number under my belt and start increasing my distances further. Perhaps start my training for a FULL marathon for my next goal. I really truly feel ready to move forward...

My weight is holding steady at below 150 lbs. I am still breastfeeding my Coco. I hope to stop around her first birthday in a couple of months. 

Anyways if you told me one year ago that I would be ready to run a half marathon in most likely a sub two hour race I wouldn't have believed you. But, I am SOOOOO ready. I have been wanting to run this distance for almost four years. And in a few days, or a few weeks I will have that goal checked of my LIFE LIST!


3 comments:

fitncrafty said...

Cathy.. That is incredible and inspiring.. sub 2 hours that's mighty fast, not in my lifetime could I run that fast. Great job.
I know it feels great to know you are ready.
I sure hope that it works out for you! Can't wait for the race report!

Unknown said...

Just came across your blog...I am so impressed! Good for you! I have 20 month old twins and would love some direction. Would you mind posting a more detailed work out / nutrition plan? If you can find time with 6 kids, I should be able to with two!! You are my hero! :)

AmberW said...

I am SO proud of you Cathy!! You have done some amazing things my friend :D