Sunday, October 12, 2008

I have a half marathon under my belt

*photos to come*

I had a fabulous first half marathon this morning! The gun went off at 7:30 am.  The weather was cool, but bright. I felt great! What a thrilling experience to run with SO many runners etc. Wow. I highly recommend the Royal Victoria Marathon/Half Marathon! Victoria, BC is just beautiful. I look forward to racing here next year! I hope Cliff can run the half, and I can run the full! Bring it on!!

My official chip time for 21.1 km was 1:53:36 with an average pace of 5:24 km. I now have the racing bug that is for sure. I have plans to run one more half marathon in February 2009. And then, it is time to train for my first marathon.

I just wanted to say congratulations to my running buds who ran so well! I am so proud of all of you marathoners, and half marathoners. Way to go! 

I especially want to say a special thanks to my darling husband Cliff for supporting me, and watching all of the kids so I could go out and do my thing! I love you! And thank you to Cameron and Courtney for cheering me on too! I have had the best weekend!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!! what a great time too!!! I agree the rvm is the best route, just beautiful. Good luck with your next race goal.

Alyson said...

I just teared up!! yay for you Cathy!!!! I am soooo proud of you and I'm astonished at your time!!! that is very...very...very good!!

Oh congratulations!!!!

Angie said...

Cathy I'm so proud of you ... your time is excellent! You're only going to get faster from here on out.

Pictures? Can't wait to see the emotion on your face as you cross the finish line. What an incredible moment! GREAT JOB!!

LauraC said...

AWESOME!!!! Congratulations Cathy, you earned it and worked hard for it!!!

Andrew D said...

Congratulations, Cathy. Based on your last few blog posts, it was obvious how much finishing a half-marathon meant to you. Bravo for your dedication and all your hard work which allowed you to reach this goal that you've had for so long.

1:53:36... wow! That's a smoking time! I'm impressed. In my first half-marathon a couple weeks ago, I was 8 minutes slower at 2:01:35

Re: "one more half marathon in February 2009"

Are you thinking of the Historic Half in Fort Langley, or the First Half in Vancouver, or ...? I'm also planning to do one of those races, but I haven't yet decided which to tackle. They are the same day, so it is impossible to do both.

Congratulations again, Cathy!

Unknown said...

Congrats Cath on your sub-2 hours (or whatever you called it)..that's a great time and accomplishment, like the icing on the cake after all your weight loss! What a beauiful place to race and the weather was perfect. Can't wait to see some photos!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS CATHY! Your time is awesome! Can't wait to see more photos and hear all about it. Will I see you at the RR this week?

Way to go!!!!