Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The guys and I

Well, I did a speedy almost 9 km run tonight with only 3 guys. It was dark, cold and windy. But, the run felt great. I cannot believe how our group has dwindled down to literally just a handful of us.

I woke up this morning kinda freaked, nervous. Kind of like thinking about Christmas morning. That kind of excitement. It was a great way to spend my birthday today.

Tomorrow, one more fast 6 km and then RACE DAY!

I am so ready to run! Run like the wind!

I am thinking ahead, and I am going to do one more half marathon, and then in the spring I am going to sign up for a full marathon. I am so ready! So, this next four months I will be keeping up my longer kms etc. Keep the momentum going. The next half I am going to run has a lot more hills. I want to be ready! 

4 comments:

Angie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CATHY!! I wish you the best of luck on your run ... I know you'll do well - you've really worked hard and that, alone, deserves a pat on the back!!

Bring it!! :)

LauraC said...

Hey Cathy, we're taking off for Chicago soon so I wanted to wish you GOOD LUCK this weekend! I know you are going to rock the house and I can't wait to hear how it feels to finally cross that finish line.

Even if you have to crawl across it, you are already a winner and an inspiration.

Dana said...

Good luck with your marathon, you will ace it for sure!

cathy said...

Thank you all!