Friday, October 10, 2008

RVM here I COME!

Well, I cannot believe we leave tomorrow for the race! I am so full of emotion! All good emotion! This race is so big to me! I am FINALLY reaching a goal I have had in my heart for several years! 

I have everything purchased, the kids are organized, my husband is organized. We had a setback with my daughter Catie jumping off the couch and putting a huge gash in her forehead last night. She required 7 stitches to close up the hole. I have never seen so much blood. Thankfully today she is 'back to normal' with everything. Just wound  care. It could have been SO much worse.

Anyways, so today we rested with Catie, ran errands and got our stuff ready. Tonight, after the kids are all in bed we will pack and get our stuff all ready to go. Cliff has a dental appointment in the am and then we head! 

I am unsure of what to run in, but I heard the weather will be beautiful so I will pack everything to do with running! LOL. I also bought a throw away shirt with hearts all over it, and I bought myself a new set of bottles, and a race number thinger. It is cool. Anyways! Mentally I am so there, now the pack up and we are good to go!

I have big list, but it will be easy to pack up because I am prepared!  We will bring my new camera phone, and perhaps take a photo or two of the weekend away.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

2 comments:

Andrew D said...

I just landed on your blog this evening for the first time, Cathy. Your progress is both outstanding and inspiring.

Go eat that half marathon course for breakfast! Best of luck as you conquer this milestone. I look forward to a successful race report.

Angie said...

Good luck to you, Cathy!

You will do an incredible job and I'm anxious to hear how it all went for you!