Thursday, October 16, 2008

Creature Comfort

I don't know about you, but when the weather turns to fall and winter I no longer wish to drink water, eat salads, eat healthy period. I want to eat warm casseroles, pastas, hot cocoa's etc.

Thankfully because I run, I can get away with eating a treat or two and pay no consequence. But, I find lately I just eat more. I am busy, I have six kids, I have house to tend to, husband's needs to tend to. Family stuff, photography stuff. But, it just boils down to the fact that I have to care for myself, and in turn I can care easier for others who need me at all times. Like my Courtney who is still breastfeeding. My little leach LOL!

I have developed an eye twitch in my left eye. It is driving me NUTS! I know I need to slow down...I need to care a bit for me again. Take the time to just treat my body right. That includes eating right, and exercising more etc. But boy oh boy is that tricky when all I want to do is flop over on the couch with a hot yummy drink, and a bag of potato chips. (NO I have NOT done this but the thought is there!)

Just an update :D

My weight is right at 150, and I figure this is where my body likes to be so I will not fight with it. Now is not the time to fight my body! I have to WORK with my body. I am not going to be so hung up on the numbers on the scale.

I am 'in between' clinics right now. I ran 7 kms last night and I felt great! I am starting my second half marathon clinic next week. That clinic will prepare me for another half in February 2009. I cannot wait! And, I have decided to do one more half after that...either Vancouver Half, or Scotia Half. And, in June 2009 when the marathon clinic starts up I will train for 18 weeks to prepare for my very first MARATHON to take place in Victoria on the very same place I ran my first half marathon (and LOVED it!) in October 2009. Perfect birthday present!

So, all good!

No comments: