Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sunday Weigh In - Week 25 (weigh in one day early!)

I have lost just over a pound in the last two weeks. I weigh 148.4 pounds this morning. I wanted to record my weight today, because it is a splurge day today at the beach with the kids, family and friends. I already did my workout this morning. So, I will try to feel no guilt. :D

I am trying my hardest to remain motivated. Not very motivating when I have only lost just over a pound in the last TWO weeks. I know I have been pregnant and carried many kids, but I am not liking the loose wrinkly skin on my stomach when I bend forward. There appears to be quite a lot. I do not like the way my underwear cuts into the loose skin. I do not feel good about that. I am also seeing a bit of loose skin on my upper arms, and also on the back of my legs. I do not like that look at all. It doesn't make me feel good. I will keep forging ahead. I know there is surgery for that if I need to. BUT I will get to my goal before I make any decisions etc. Maybe it will shrink up a bit more. I just don't like it when I pull up me jeans and my whole bottom half seems to 'lift' into the pants. Yuck.

I really want to do more weights. I think that will tone me up. I have to try to make time to do that for me. Hard, but I really think this part of the workout will be a must. I have to try my best to do EVERYTHING I can before resorting to surgical means. But I also don't want to have the skin of an 'older person' meaning like somebody who is in their 90's etc. It is just not a good look for me in my 30's.

What keeps me going? Reaching my ultimate goal of 135 pounds. Why should I NOT get there. I WILL get there. It is just taking more time than I would like. That is all. This in my exercise in patience, which I do not have a lot of these days. But I am sure trying that is for sure.

Tomorrow I have a 7 kilometre LSD (Long slow distance) run with my half marathon group. I am looking forward to it. I am truly pounding the pavement, and with each step I picture how it will feel to run 21.1 kms in about 2 hours. 2 hours 14 minutes. How it will feel to receive a finishing medal, and how good that hot tub will feel after my big goal race. It will be something I can FINALLY cross off my 'life list!'

With each passing day, I feel stronger and healthier and more excited about my body. I could do cartwheels for days on end! I also am getting really close to doing my splits again. SOOOOO close. I keep stretching in hopes that I can get back to where I was when I was 16/17 in terms of flexibility only. I have my old grad dress in my closet, and I will be trying it on again to get a visual as to where I was back then. I never weighed myself back then. I never had to worry about what I ate etc. Oh, the joys of an older body LOL!

2 comments:

Alyson said...

The splits? are you kidding me? I can't touch my toes...of course I never have. so sad I know.

Anyway....I know this my sound crazy, but take a week off of exercise. stretch but no runs or crunches... you will jolt your metabolism again. Sometimes that is all our body needs.
And I'm not just saying that because I've been slacking on the running;)
really. you are in a plateau...oh! or you could also cross train. but seriously cut back, when you resume the exercise your body will lose more weight.

LauraC said...

I think after losing so much weight, it would be natural to plateau a bit... it's just your body reminding you not to slack :) I KNOW you will make your goal!!