Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday Weigh In - Week 23 RACE DAY!

Race day today! I did a 10km race (spare of the moment idea - like last night LOL) and came in 3rd in the females overall! I am pretty happy about that. I got a photo op with the mayor,
a 20 dollar gc to RR and I got a key chain that says '3rd' and the hospice logo on it. Even the kids got door prizes. In fact, too many door prizes. I felt embarrassed so I had a couple of the kids choose another child to give them too. That felt better. 5/6 kids' names were drawn if you can believe that! I should go buy a lotto ticket!
Here is the gang of all 8 of us. We got lots of looks, especially when we had well-behaved and quiet kids. It was something else. I felt so proud of my family. I was so happy to have the support of my husband, and the kids! They all had such excitement watching me cross the finish line strong! This in fact, was my best race time ever of 56 minutes and something. Almost 90 pounds lighter and six kids! A great combo!

****


Well, I will say this! I am officially out of the 150's! I am just under in the 149.6 yesterday morning. I weighed in early because I knew there was the party going on, and after a good party there is usually bloating! Good plan because this morning I was up about a pound but that is because I ate a bit of salty stuff. Salad, 1 piece of chicken, water. 10 tortilla chips (small rounds) with salsa. AND...a piece of cake with fruit and real whipping cream. I have to say it was a party and it was too good to pass up. I haven't really had cake since last year! So, I had a piece. No regrets.
This morning was really good. I was trying out a race that I want to do yearly to honour my FIL Earl. Next year I plan on raising some money, and having the kids help or do the 5k walk part. I hope my MIL will do it too! It could be something really positive in light of all the bad stuff going on at home.
I am also on day seven of thirty in my challenge:
56 minutes running
100 crunches
50 girly push ups
about 200 squats to music with my hubby, the baby and the girls! It was fun! I love seeing the kids get all active and excited when I am active! BONUS!
PS...my hubby took a photo of me crossing the finish line, but there was no CF card in there, and then he took one at home with the CF card in, but the camera was set to 'manual' and I was WAY over-exposed. I wanted to show you my running skirt and new hoodie. Oh well, next time eh!

10 comments:

Alyson said...

yay Cathy!!!! Oh how I wish we could run together!! I got up this morning at 5am and did my morning 10km!! It was so humid, and my feet hurt. I really need a running partner.
Wow 140!!!!! Sexy bras are coming soon!!!!! and definitely undies ;)
I am looking on-line for skirts. I bet if Anne of Green Gables ran she would run in one too ;)

Carol Kerfoot said...

good going you!!!!

AmberW said...

I am so proud of you Miss Cathy!!! Your family looks so proud of you in that picture... 3rd place - that's awesome :) And yayyyy for being under the 150's!! WOOOTTTT!

Sarah said...

Good job Cathy! You are so inspirational. I don't know how you find the time, well you make time and that's great! You are setting such a great example for your kids, you should be so proud!

Michelle said...

WOW!!!! way to go Cathy ;=)

LauraC said...

150s and a 10K race. AWESOME@!!!!! You are such an inspiration. I have been slacking lately on the working out but I am ready for a challenge! I think I may do the same challenge you are doing, although it will have to wait until I am home from vacation. My first vacation in 3 years and working out is not going to be my priority. ha ha!

Kerry said...

Talk about a nice day for a run, too! Nice that the whole fam was there to cheer you on, and way to go with coming in 3rd!!!

(and now I have the odd picture in my head of Anne of Green Gables huffing along in a floor-length skirt...LOL!)

Irma said...

Way to go Cathy...on a completed successful race, being under 150 AND having everyone looking at the camera on the family picture! (-: YEAH! I'm sure you just feel WoNdErFuL!!!

Anonymous said...

My dear cousin; I am so proud of you. (As always!) Way to go on "under 150" and on your run! You (and the family) look great! Super idea with having the kids involved (in your 30 day challenge)... I noticed you are almost looking TOO thin... but super good! (Don't go weirdly over-board, ok?) I love you. Andrea xo

Allyson said...

To the star of TV and now newspaper, saw your happy picture in the Langley Advance on the sports pages in your new "skort"!!!!! Congratulations Cathy you should be feeling mighty fine about all of your wonderful accomplishments. We love you, Motor and Diesel xxxooo