Monday, December 15, 2008

End of the year of 2008?

I started this year with a big goal. A goal to lose approximately 80 pounds. And I have met this goal, and took it even a bit further with an almost 90 pound loss. I want to lose another 7 -10 pounds in the new year. I watched a great episode of XWeighted on Slice last night. It motivated me (as I sat and ate my weekly nacho splurge with Cliff.) She lost 63 pounds in 6 months. Sometimes I watch that show and the don't get even CLOSE to their goal weight. But she sure did. I thought 63 pounds is so much to lose. And yes, I lost even more than her. I still don't see that weight loss or feel it except when I look at the photos from my before.

PS I did run 14 kms in the cold weather yesterday morning. In fact it was so windy that my hat blew off, and I couldn't feel my cheeks from the cold. 

Anyways, as I was saying I suddenly felt motivated to get to my goal. Once my daughter is successfully weaned from breastfeeding (I am certainly hoping to be done January just in time for my sisters wedding!!) I am going to kick up my goals a bit in 2009.

I think I am just going to stay right around here for now, but on January 2nd I am going to start kicking my own but again. It is hard to believe that it has been one year almost since I started my own journey. I am still learning and growing. 

December 30th I am starting the marathon clinic (that will be a 42.2 km marathon race in Vancouver in the beginning of May 2009) My eating will be back on track, and I will be tracking my calories etc. again. Time to get back on track.

I am going to do a resolution run on New Years day (5 km) at 11 am. I am also going to do another half Marathon the day after Valentines day! So, I have a lot to work towards. I am so excited! 

I do not like feeling tight pants, or this muffin top. It is going bye bye! I need to be ready to get myself on that surgery list for my veins this year. Another thing to get checked off my list.

Time to start working on not only the rest of the weightloss, but work harder on myself. 

I am kicking up my running right now. I am running tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday. Maybe even Friday. Then I am starting to get up there in distance again with my long slow distance runs on Sunday. Next week it is 14 km (but I will most likely run there instead of drive again like I tried to do yesterday, but Cliff and the kids grabbed me about 2.5 kms into my run)

PS Santa if you are listening or reading my blog I would really REALLY love a Garmin for Christmas. xo


7 comments:

Jasmyne said...

You have come along way baby!
I am sure you will rock those races!

p.s. what is a Garmin?

cathy said...

Thanks J!

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=142&pID=11039

It will calculate everything I want to know about my running/training etc. It is like a watch. but pumped up LOL.

st said...

You go girl!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on all of your goals for 2009 - if 2008 is any indication you'll shatter them all! I'm feeling bad that I chickened out on Sunday, I couldn't bear to drive down to the store on all that ice! I'll be there this week/weekend though for sure. Hmm, I think I need to start setting some goals now for next year - I have a few ideas...

LauraC said...

Cathy,it is still amazing to me you lost SO MUCH weight. Everyone loses motivation during the holidays bc it is a time to spend with family and really appreciating all that we have. Something tells me 2009 is going to be amazing for you!

Anonymous said...

Cathy, I wish you the best of luck in reaching your goals for 2009. Your achievements in 2008 are inspirational.

I felt compelled to comment on this article because of how many similar things we share:
- I'm running the Historic Half Marathon on Feb 15th
- I'm running the Vancouver Marathon on May 3rd (my first)
- I recently refocussed on my fitness discipline after about 6 weeks of mediocre results
- I watched that same episode of XWeighted while doing my recent long run on Sunday (there's nothing else to watch at 5a.m. while on the treadmill)
- I also want a Garmin for Christmas :-)

Angie said...

Cathy, you should be so proud of yourself! What an AMAZING thing to undertake! Not only are you healthy - but but are balanced. Thank you for your inspiration ... I have about 10 pounds to go - and when I think about the Chex "muddy buddies" calling my name ... I think of you - health, perseverance, strength ... the complete picture of health. Rather, the complete BALANCE ... can't be one without the other.