Saturday, July 5, 2008

I am happy! I think I have found most of me!

Well, today is July 5th. I have been in the process of losing a lot of baby weight since the birth of my last baby on November 16th, 2007. I have lost close to 90 pounds since then. Since January 1st 2008 I have lost 33 inches and I am currently in a size 6/7 from my old size of 18/20. I have six kids, I have some loose skin, I have sagging breasts. Some wrinkles. But I can run! I can run uphill, I have strength. I am strong! I am starting to be able to do full bodied push ups. I have figured out the things that make me tick. I think I can almost say I have be able to "Find Cathy!' and I am pretty pleased with my results.

I have been trying unsuccessfully trying to lose the last 15 pounds and they do not want to budge, and I don't want to become crazy over the last pounds. I am still breastfeeding, and maybe my body says ENOUGH. Not worth it right now.

So, I am going to maintain this huge loss through healthy eating, and my running. Hopefully some weight training too. I am training for a half marathon this October and I need to concentrate on keeping my body strong, staying stress free. And, injury free.

Do I feel sad about not reaching my ultimate goal of 135 pounds? Nope. I feel so PROUD of my many accomplishments. Being able to do this with all of these kids, illness, and now a death in the family. It is time for me to step back a bit and just be me. And keep maintaining until I finally say to myself it is time to get the rest off.

Things are going really well in my life, and I want to be sure I will be ready for the good things ahead. I think that in September when I have three kids in school full time might be the time to go forth and lost the last 10-15 pounds if I feel that desire to do so. I want to give my body time to heal, and get used to this large weight loss. See if my skin might bounce back a bit. I will still get on the scale to see where I am at from time to time. I will not let myself go more than five pounds over my 150 mark. So at 155 pounds. IF I see the scale creep upwards I will exercise more and record my eating again. You betcha I will be blogging about it too!

Anyways, so I think it is time to just be with my family for the time being. Help them get over all of this sadness. It is almost too much to bear at this time.

I will check in from time to time, and I will be back most likely after the summer is over. I will hopefully find the motivation to keep trucking forward.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of my faithful readers of my blog and all of your support. Wow. Who knew!?! I feel so humbled and happy. Remember if I can do this, so can you. Be proud of who you are and move towards your goal starting today, and not next week or on Monday. Life is too short.

I promised you a bathing suit photo, and I will do that as soon as I am able!

Blessings to you all!

Cathy

PS I updated the panel on the right with the new stuff in green!

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

Wow Cathy I am proud of you! I am impressed that you can re-evaluate your goals successfully and be satisfied .... as you should be! Your motivation, your dedication is something to learn from!!!! CONGRATULATIONS, You did it!!!

LauraC said...

Cathy, it is amazing you lost 90 lbs in such a short period of time. I think you are doing the right thing, re-evaluating your goals and taking time to focus on your family. You are a true inspiration and I have loved reading every day.

Kelly said...

Cathy, you are awesome! Congratulations on how far you have come and good for you for listening to your body! Enjoy your beautiful family!
Love, Kelly

Kerry said...

Good for you Cathy, you have lots of things to be proud of! :)

Allyson said...

You look so darn beautiful Cathy. Daddy and I are ever so proud of all that you've accomplished. We know it hasn't been easy, especially with all that has been going on in your household. You have really worked at it, and now you can really WORK IT! We love you very much. Motor and Diesel. xxxoooo

Andrea said...

you were such an inspiration for me. you did wonderful and look awesome. I am going to keep going! congrats hun!!