Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Challenging myself

I had lost a bit of motivation this past month (no doubt, life can do that to a person!) but now that July is almost out, I am ready to get back on my full program, and not the modified one. I am feeling mentally stronger today, after thinking a lot about my future, my health, my family. I am comfortable at 150 pounds. I know I have loose skin, but I should not let loose skin stop me. I will be beautiful no matter what. It is just skin. There is more to me than just skin!

So, come August 5th (a Tuesday) after our long weekend ends I am on my quest to lose 10 more pounds. When September 1st rolls around, school starts and I want be sitting right at 140 pounds. I think running my half marathon October 12th a bit lighter will take me a lot further, and I will run better. I have a better chance of running a sub 2 hour race. That is the plan!

I am not going to give up, and I challenge all of my faithful and caring blog readers to get on the bandwagon and do it with me! Let me know if you are in via the comments. Who knows, maybe I will send you a prize?! Seriously, if I can do this so can you. Start yourself a blog like I did back last year and document the amazing changes that will happen to you. Even if you do not make it open to the public! Do it just for you. If you decide to make it public, let me know the address and I will add you to my links section so I can check in on you from time to time.

Also, if you want to ask me any questions about my process please just send me a comment, and I would love to answer them. In fact, I was wondering if I put up an 'Ask Cathy Anything' would you use that?! Let me know because I would be happy to do that! If I can help just one more person, then YAY!!

Please take some time just for you, take the time to get to know yourself. You will be a better person, and that will make you a happier person. Spend a few moments every day just for you! You deserve that time!

Final Note: I promised you before and after bathing suit photos, and I will deliver. I just need a moment to get into the suit and have my hubby snap a photo. I seriously think I need to buy a new one because the changes are that drastic! or maybe I will wait until September 1st?! Let me know.

Toodles,

Cathy

4 comments:

LauraC said...

I, for one, am amazed that you continue to have this motivation after everything you've been through the last month!

Jon and I are already doing a 30 day challenge behind the scenes (I wrote about it today) but I really want to be in fab shape in time for a Turkey Trot... a Thanksgiving day race!
Count me in!

cathy said...

Laura,

I feel stronger than ever. I was feeling down and weak. But last night I really was thinking and I thought to myself I need to challenge ME! My life is always going to be challenging. I need to take steps to reach my goals. They are always just right in front of me. I want to grasp at them now!

And great! I am glad you will be joining me! And way to go on your 30 day challenge...mine will be more like 27 days...but that is OK too LOL!

That race sounds fun! What is the distance Laura?

Cathryn said...

I am so glad you are feeling better today.

I just told my husband last night that once my mom leaves and he comes back to Japan (he will be in the States for a while) then we are back on the band wagon. So, that is about Sept 10th for me.

Of course, he is Mr. Fitness so he is thrilled. :)

Angela said...

Ok, I loved the MurrayvilleMom blog, but this one..well..we are kindred. I JUST started my weightloss blog. It is:

http://www.asnotbeatingtheair.blogspot.com

I am so motivated by your loss!!! I just started in May and my first goal was just to get moving. I had gotten into a great routine of going to the gym everyday and the WHAM! we had sickness followed by the start of a school year. I went back today and started again, but I am struggling. Where did you find a plan to follow? Are you using weights? Would you like me to stop asking questions? HAhahahah!

Looking forward to checking back! Take care and congratulations on your success.
~Angela