Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Holding Steady

We have been going through a rough patch with lots of sickness running wild through our family. Courtney and I are the only two (knock wood) that haven't got it yet. Since Saturday night at 9 until now, the wee hours of Wednesday sickness is still here.

I managed to get out to my clinic run today. It was a 5 km steady run (tempo) that I managed to run in 24 mins and 29 seconds. I know I am improving because my last timed 5 km race was 28 minutes something. And, I would have to say the run tonight was not so great. My stomach was hurting (or maybe sympathy hurting) tonight and I have been really TIRED (go figure) from all of this extra clean up/laundry and emotional drain on my system.

I feel proud of myself for still continuing with my running program. I think if I didn't I would seriously lose it. These past few weeks/almost four weeks have been very trying. To the point where I am having troubles falling asleep because everything creeps into my brain in the middle of the night.

Anyways, a quick little update on my weight. I have been easily maintaining my 88 pound loss so far. I seem to cycle between 149 and 154 at times. I am not ready to take my loss any further until September when life gets back to 'normal' for us. Well our new normal. I don't have the time to commit just yet.

I still need to have Cliff take a photo of me for my 'after' bathing suit photo. We took the first one on January 1st. I promise when the puke leaves the building I will get on that.

And, I have the honour of being asked to speak at my local Running Room as a guest speaker to talk about my journey from my Learn to Run days all the way up until today as my old instructor says my 'Sexy Sveltness' of today. So, in between puke sessions I need to prepare a little chat for her current running group. I will be doing that at the end of the week.

The machine is in its final spin. I need to take care of that, and get to bed as morning is already here :D

4 comments:

Angie said...

Wow Cathy -
I'm truly inspired! What program do you use? What does your workout schedule look like? Do you have a specific eating program? Can I link to you on my blog? :) Twenty questions ... sorry. :)

cathy said...

Hi Angie,

I basically use my own program that I have tweaked just for me. Mostly healthy eating, a splurge here and there and lots of exercise thrown in! Yes, I would be fine with you linking me on your blog.

No problemo!

Take care!

Angie said...

So I've been doing a lot of browsing and I am SO TOTALLY INSPIRED!! I'm guessing we weigh about the same, though, it appears you weigh a little lower than me now :) I'm so happy for you! Such a good feeling to feel good about your body, health, etc.

Do you have any tried and true recipes you favor?

Cathryn said...

I have spent hours (that I don't have) today reading your blog from start to finish...amazing. I am so impressed. You have done fantastic. Thank you for blogging your experience. Can I be you?