Thursday, November 29, 2007

veins veins veins - view at your own risk

Thrombophlebitis in my right leg
and below, and extreme close up!!! Here is my problem area. Well, the biggest one to date. I have other problem areas but I will focus tonight on the veins ;D



You can see where my doctor circled the Thrombophlebitis. Now, the swelling is moving upward where you can see a bit of red. I will have to get a photo of it.



See why I am making friends with a vascular surgeon?! He will be my best friend next year sometime. And, I bet he makes a lot of money off of my legs. One day I will take a photo of the other veins. You ain't seen nothing yet!!



And, in the title I mentioned veins 3 times. The other problems would be with external hemorrhoids. I will spare you a photo lol! I am on some good ointment from my doc! It is helping a bit more. Courtney will be 2 weeks old on Friday, but the 'roids surfaced a few weeks before she was born due to the pressure. My guess is that they will go down, but not completely away. Another joy of pregnancy that many do not talk about. I may have to have some work done down there.

And, then of course is the vein the nurse blew out trying to give me an IV. The bruise is still there, and I took a photo of it. It is still in my camera.

Yup, veins and me. And to think when I was growing up that I could not stand veins. And now I am the queen of veins.

8 comments:

Carol Kerfoot said...

ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch.

Glad I found you!

Anonymous said...

You poor thing. I hope things get better soon.

cathy said...

Hi Carol, glad I found you too!

Hi Jasmyne, I hope so too!! Kinda freaky eh!

Yvonne said...

Oh Girl that looks sore! You rest that body and make friends well with your doc!

All the best!!

cathy said...

I was just noticing how the drawing around the vein looks like a heart, coloured in red. See, Courtney is worth every trouble!!

cathy said...

Yvonne, thank you!! And thankfully I have the same doc that delivered Courtney! He is awesome.

Kerry said...

That looks really, really sore. I hope that surgeon gives you some TLC x 10 for those veins. :)

Irma said...

Ouch you poor thing! You remind me of my good friend Jen. She's had 5 kids and pretty much needs to wear support hose before she gets pregnant! (-; I hope that it starts going uphill for you. I must say I have been very fortunate with my pregnancies..no major lasting effects! I guess you may as well make the best of it and enjoy all the extra help and store up sanity rest huh?!

I love your slide show of your labour/delivery...it brings back many memories (-: To give birth is an amazing thing each time, isn't it?! Take care of yourself Cathy.
I admire your upbeat spirit!! Keep it up!