Monday, November 26, 2007

November 26th 2007

Well, my baby is now 10 days old. Hard to believe time goes by so fast. I am enjoying every minute of her that is for sure.

I tried my best during my pregnancy to watch what I ate, and exercised as much as I could. I think that hard work has paid off, because today I am down 20 pounds out of 34 pounds which is really amazing to me. Usually in previous pregnancies I would have put on about 50 pounds.

I am only 14 pounds away from my pre pregnancy weight, but that weight is much too high. I am going to get down FINALLY to my GOAL weight! I have one in mind!

After I get over my vein troubles I was given the OK to go ahead by my doc to start exercising whenever I feel like it. So, hopefully in the next week or two I will just get out and walk. Even if it is on the treadmill for 20 mins. And, I also want to start working on my core strength. I don't think I have any core strength left. All of these pregnancies have done a real number on my body. I don't think I have abs, and if I do they are hiding under a fat roll.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

I found it Cathy!!! LOL!!!

Congratulations on your quest to find yourself ... I know the feeling! I wish you well on your weight loss back your ideal weight after many years of either pregos or nursing! After my baby #5 I plan to strive for a similar goal!

I hope to keep up with you as you achieve yours before me! It will be a journey of ups and downs but hey we all know it and sometimes it is nice to "vent it out" and I find it also helps to read it and know I am not alone!!

Good luck!

cathy said...

Hi Yvonne!

How did you find this lol! That is cool. I will look forward to following your pregnancy and then your journey back too!

I am glad there are blogs! What would I do with my free time in the good old days?!

Thanks!

Kerry said...

I wanted to post a note on the core strengthening...if you can, try and get a pilates DVD that has a 10 minute core section. Not that I'm sporting any six pack (lol) but I've found that it make a HUGE difference versus just regular crunches and sit-ups. Plus it's not too much of the huffing and puffing, more balance and control (and breathing)!

cathy said...

Kerry: Could you give me a name of a DVD?! That way I can order online and have it delivered...first I need to get the rolls off of my abs. And, I am crossing my fingers that I have a core lol!

Thanks Kerry!

Kerry said...

I'll have to wrestle through my pile of DVDs when I get back, but I will make sure to get you the name of it (it's really good!). I wonder if I could make a copy of it...or maybe that's illegal, LOL!

I'll write it in my calendar right now so I don't forget!

(Oh and you have a core all right, I guarantee you'll know this after one of these DVDs, lol!)