Thursday, November 29, 2007

How do I feel this evening?

Well, sleep deprived that is for sure. But, I feel happy! I am enjoying motherhood even more than the first five times, because I know my sweet Courtney is our last baby. So, I plan on enjoying every moment there is. Sleep deprivation, the body problems. Everything. I just want to remember everything, and perhaps help others going through the same things with their bodies. I am not embarrassed to share. I guess that came from birthing my six kids that is for sure. I think before I had kids I would be mortified to talk about things happening to my body. But now, not so much.

I am happy for good nursing bras today. I spent a fortune on two bras (a black one and a white one) and so far I am beyond thrilled with them. They are made in England, and the fit like a dream, and I know I will get my monies worth out of them. Usually I would wear a nursing bra that didn't fit, or old ones. I actually threw my old ones out last go around after Caroline. I didn't think I would be wearing nursing bras again!

Another thing I want to mention something my sister Amy said. When I was nursing Courtney on the weekend, she said that each of my breasts are WAY BIGGER than Courtney's head. Yup. I make good milk lol! And, I think when the engorgement phase started I had enough milk to feed several babies. It has been like that with every baby! Crazy. I am starting to think I would possibly donate some milk to the local milk bank. That would be a good thing. Thank goodness I still have a pump around. I am going to have to look more into that in the future.

Other than my tired eyes, bags under my eyes, pale skin and sore achy leg! I feel super!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog Cathy!

You are an amazing woman, mother and a great friend.

cathy said...

J,

Thank you!