Friday, November 30, 2007

The stomach that has housed six kids...2 weeks postpartum

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post this photo, but I thought. Yup, I will. This is my lovely stomach, that has housed my six pack. I may not have a six pack abs, but I have a lovely six pack that I love very dearly. They are my six beautiful kids.

This photo is from this morning. I asked Cliff to take this photo. Notice, I have no stretch marks. I still find that amazing. I have everything else, but no stretch marks ;D

I know my stomach will not look like this forever, but I sure do not like the way it looks all stretched out. That is the amazing thing about our bodies, the way they can go back to normal (well as close to normal as possible) and, if not, there is always a tummy tuck. I now have my before photo, and cannot wait to reveal my after in October 2008!

5 comments:

Irma said...

yup..the jelly belly! When you have the baby you feel so slim...till you come home and try to put on normal clothes. Huh?! What happened! Before you know it, running after all those kiddos will put you in the right direction! (-: Remember it has only been two weeks!

Kerry said...

Six kids and no stretchmarks...wow! I think you're doing fantastic...don't be too hard on yourself. And talk about brave for posting your photo!

Alyson said...

I hate my belly after babies. you feel so fat...and empty.

Don't focus on it. you look great. and it WILL go down.

I am actually going to La Senza in a couple of weeks to buy myself a matching pair. Took me 7 months postpartum!!!

You will get there too.

I found a website that shows real moms bellies. Just google that and you will find it. You will feel much better!!

remember to rest rest rest....did I say rest??? :)

Yvonne said...

Cathy it is only two weeks ... it will go down lots all on its own. But I know the feeling .... I was so ripped after losing all my weight after Derek only to find out I was pregos again (and gained it ALL back again!!!) I know I can do it and I will do it again!

You can do it ... we believe in you!

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Yup - we'll do it together. I'll get back on my treadmill and we'll lose it together...although I'll admit I'm not as brave as you girl - maybe I should post a picture of my belly - might actually help kick my rear into gear!